Being A Hero Just One More Time

Jason's pov

I'm doing these shows then we're having the wedding. I go out onstage and smile at the adoring fans. Including my fiancé! I love her so much. I sing tonight looks good on you and hold her hand. After the show, we go backstage. Man she's energized tonight. "That was so cool!" She gasps, jumping in the air. I laugh and catch her. "Easy now darlin'." She laughs and wraps her arms around my neck. "I can't wait for us to get married." She says. We look into each other's eyes.

Luke's pov

"You and me both, beautiful girl." He says, holding her tightly in his arms. They kiss. Then she looks away. "What's wrong babe?" "Ugh I just.... I feel like you could do better." Whoa! I stay around to see how this plays out. He sets her down, looking shocked. "Baby girl, you know that's not true. You're my girl. I don't want some perfect haired perfect dressed girl. I want my girl. Dressed in her BDUs, a scar on her left leg, and the girl who has the scariest stories around Halloween. I don't need no perfect girl cause I have a perfect girl. You're my perfect girl and I love you just the way you are. PTSD and all." Wow. She cries in his arms. "How could you love a freak?!" "You're not a freak. Don't ever say that again. Don't make me cross with you!" She laughs. "Funny one." He smiles and they sit down. "Now you repeat after me." He says, confusing me. She looks up at him. "You are a wonderful girl." She smiles. "You are a wonderful girl." She repeats him making us both laugh. "No. You." He says, pointing at her. "No I'm not." "Yes you are. Now say it." "I'm a wonderful girl." "Yes you are." He says, kissing her forehead. Man, I love how good he is with her.

Jason's pov

I get back to the bus and Luke and Dee Jay were playing table tennis. "I play winner." I call. They're too enthralled in the game to reply. Me and Miranda dit on the couch. "Sorry for freaking out earlier." "You don't have to apologize. Just know there is nothing in this world that will make me stop loving you and there's no one in this world I'd rather be getting married to." She smiles. I kiss her and she lays her head on my chest tiredly. I run a hand through her hair cause it usually calms her down after an episode. Dee Jay loses so I take his place. "Come to take on the champion?" He asks, smirking. "Nope. Come to take back my title." I say also smirking. We were playing and the bus lurches and starts moving. Huh? "I thought we had two shows here?" I gape confused. "We do." Dee Jay says, scratching his head. "Ray what are you doing?" Silence. I walk to the front of the bus and get the shock of a lifetime. There's no one driving! "Ahh!" I yell running back out. "This thing has no driver!"

Miranda's pov

I stand up shakily. The boys are panicking. I run over and shut the door so no one falls out. Jason grabs the wall, falling over. I run to the driver's seat. "Babe?" He cries, his voice shaking from fear. He reaches out but I run passed as the bus barrels forward. The screams from the back make me tense. Don't freak out. Don't freak out! I buckle up and see the cliff we're headed to!! Oh no!! I twist the wheel and we spin sideways. I hit the brakes, gritting my teeth in fear. Then it's over. We've stopped before we reached the cliff. I shakily walk back out there. Everything is a mess but everyone is okay. I shakily clamp a hand to the wall, trying to stay steady when my legs feel like jello. "Baby girl?" Jason. I force a smile. "You saved us all!" He gasps hugging me. My hands wrap around him as my legs give out. "Whoa!" He gasps catching me. He helps me to the couch. "I wonder what happened." Dee Jay says. I stare at my feet, shaking. "Babe you did great." Jason says, squeezing my shoulder. I smile. "I love you Jason." "I love you too princess." He kisses my head and I lay my head on his chest, beyond exhausted.

Jason's pov

She falls asleep on my chest, my arms protectively around her. "Looks like she's all tuckered out." Luke says, smiling. "Playing hero certainly can take alot out of ya." Dee Jay says. I glare at him. "What do ya mean playin' hero? She is a hero!" "That's not what I-" "Save it." I mutter annoyed. I walk back to the back bedroom with her in my arms. I lay beside her. "Sleep well, my princess. You deserve it." I whisper, kissing her forehead.