A Baby

*2 years later*

"Jason! Front and center!" My wife shouts making me jump in my boots. Luke and Brantley laugh their butts off. "Eat it up boys I know it's hilarious." I grumble, sarcastically glaring at them. "That's what happens when you have a militant wife." Luke sighs and shakes his head. He knows I'll never forgive him for almost convincing me to kill her the day of our wedding. He also knows we'll both go to our graves without her knowing about that. I walk back inside. "Honey does this shirt make me look fat?" She asks, modeling in front of the mirror. I sigh and stare at the little beauty, getting lost in her curves and gorgeous beauty. "Jason?" Oh right. "Baby girl, if I gotta tell ya one more time, I'm gonna blow my brains out." I say, sitting down. She sighs and drops the shirt. "I know what you say but I don't know if I believe you." I smirk. "Being pregnant excuses weight gain, honey you know this! Of course you're gonna get bigger as the baby gets bigger." She sighs and turns around, running a hand through her hair. "Yeah..... You're right.... I'm just a dumbass worryer." I smile and walk over. "Baby you're the smart one.... Well except for the fact that you married this dumbass country kid two years ago. Baby girl what were you thinking?" She laughs and puts her arms around my neck as I put mine around her waist. "I was thinkin' God, I love this dumbass country kid." She whispers, smiling. "I am one lucky man to be married to such a hot amazingly sweet and very brave girl." She pulls away quickly. "Jason, you know I hate it when you talk about my being in the service." I sigh. "Babe the doctor said it'll only get better." She glares at me through the mirror. "That doctor doesn't no shit." "Ok I won't talk about it." She smiles. I always loved her little dimples. Her face gets super red and she looks away. "Babe, turn around." "What are you gonna do?" She says slowly. I smirk and grip her hips, then kiss her neck. She wraps her arms around my neck while still facing the mirror. "Jason," "Yeah babe?" "I'm a whole nother woman when I'm with you." She whispers. I smile. "You're my saving grace." She whispers.

*one week later*

We go to the doctor to tell us if we're having a boy or a girl. Miranda grips my hand tight. "I'm so nervous." She whispers. I smile. "This is the easier part, it's after the birth that's gonna be the real battle." "Jason, I'm warning you-" I cut her off with a kiss. She instantly melts and giggles in the kiss then the doctor walks in. She glares at me with a smile. I remember well the day I got the news that my perfect beautiful wife was having our first child.

~flashback~

Luke was there sitting down. I gave him an odd look. I had just come home from the studio. "What's going on princess?" She was washing dishes which is highly unlike her. She hates washing the dishes it's one of her pet peeves being near dirty dishes. So this whole scene struck me as odd. She shakily turned around and first thought in my mind she had an episode and I wasn't here. "Baby are you okay?" I gasp dropping my guitar and running over, placing my hands worriedly on her cheeks. She puts her hands on mine as tears start to roll down her cheeks. I brush them away. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here." She raises an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" I'm confused now. "What do you.... What do you mean?" "I've got some news Jay." I'm terrified. Is it something with the military?! "You're gonna be a daddy Jason." That's definitely not what I expected. "Really baby? This is real? Not a dream?" I gasp, shell shocked. "It's real baby! I'm three weeks pregnant! You're gonna be a daddy!" Tears come to my eyes. I scoop her into the air. "Oh baby! God I love you so much!" I gasp loudly. I pull her into a hug and spin her around. I hear her laugh but I'm just so happy I don't really pay attention.

~flashback over~

"Congratulations, you're gonna have a baby boy, Mr. And Mrs. Aldean." A son! I'm gonna have a son. Someone I can take hunting and fishing. A little mini me. I smile down at my girl. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I ask, smiling. "Only every day, Jay." She says, tears glistening in her eyes. I lean down and kiss her. "Well make that twice in one day!"