Interfering Parents

Miranda's pov

I was making dinner when I felt Jason's hands on my shoulders. He yanks me back quickly, catching me by surprise. I fall on my back and see it wasn't Jason at all. It was Harriet, a friend of mine from my war days. She had a gun in her hand. "What were you doing just standing there soldier?!" She yells, wild eyed. "S-Soldier! I'm not-" I'm cut off when she grabs my wrist and we take off running. Bullets firing by me. I scream in fear.

Jason's pov

I hear a scream so I run inside from washing my truck. I threw the hose down and it ended up spraying me, leaving me soaking wet. I run to the kitchen. She was having a flashback! I wonder what set her off.

Miranda's pov

Jason ran in, blood on his hands and shoulder. That only freaked me out more. I throw down my gun and run to him tears soaking my face. "Make it go away Jason, please!" I beg desperately. "I will baby." He says, holding me tight. Harriet vanishes, along with the desert around me. It turns into the kitchen. "I-I'm back." I mumble, shakily, laying my head on Jason's chest, exhausted. "I don't... Know what set me off just then." "Doc said it can happen if you're stressed." I sigh, my hands shaking. There's a knock at the door that makes me tense up. "Who is it?" Jason calls. "It's me, Luke." My sweetheart brother. I force a tired smile and Luke opens the door. "Whoa you okay?" "She had an episode." Jason says. I finish dinner and serve plates for the boys. Then I fix my plate. They talk about their new tours and records. I pick at my food, not too hungry anymore.

Jason's pov

I stare at her worriedly. Luke is worried too I can tell. I nervously watch her, making sure she's not freaking again. "I uh I think I'm gonna go to bed early." She mumbles standing up. I'm so worried about her. "Night." Luke says, his voice cracking. I hug her. "Call me if ya need me." I say. Me and Luke sit on the couch with beers. "Aren't you doing something different with the baby's delivery?" "Yeah. We're just going straight for C-Section, three days before the due date. I'm worried the pain and stress of labor will make her have a flashback." He smiles. "It's exciting isn't it though. You're gonna be a dad in three months." I smile too. "I can't wait. We're gonna name him Brayden."

*the next day*

I walk downstairs and Miranda's mom was here. I wave and pour a cup of coffee while they talk. I'm not fully awake yet.

Miranda's pov

Mom was wanting to tell me something but she wanted to wait for Jason so I called him in. He sits beside me on the couch, trying to fully wake up. "Hi ma'am." He says. "Well I have some news. Me and your daddy have moved down here so we can help you when the baby gets here!" Me and Jason lock eyes, wide eyed. Neither of us want that!!! "I-I don't think that's necessary." Jason says. "Oh nonsense. I called your parents too and they agreed. We're picking them up next week!" Oh my God! I put my head in my hands, exasperated. "I'm so excited to be so close to my baby girl again!" Mom says hugging me. She waves and leaves. "Oh God this is a nightmare." I say. He sighs. "They're gonna breathe down our necks!" My husband says. "What are we gonna do?" I ask, leaning against his chest with my back. "Suffer in peace, darlin'. It won't be long." "I hope." I say, sighing tiredly. He kisses my head. "We'll survive."