Bowling Mishap

Miranda's pov

I was pouring a cup of coffee when I feel Jason wrap his arms around my waist. I smile and lean into his chest. "Wanna go out tonight?" He asks. I turn around. "But what if I have an episode?" "Then I'll hold you til you calm down. It'll be fine." "People'll stare at me." "And I'll tell 'em off." He makes me feel like the only girl in the world. I smile. "Okay. Where are we going?" He kisses me. "It's a surprise."

*later*

We went to dinner and now are watching a movie. I lay my head on his shoulder. He's letting his hair grow out I noticed. "Hey Jason, can we go early?" I whisper in his ear. His eyes go wide as he smiles. "Definitely." We go home and make love.

Jason's pov

*the next day*

I woke up hearing music. "And we ride into the city, we make a lot of noise cause the girls they are so pretty...." I walk downstairs and she's cooking breakfast while listening to the hot top 20. Number ten is Big and Rich's "Save a horse ride a cowboy. Yeah everybody says save a horse ride a cowboy." I whisper sing watching the TV for a second then looking at my hot amazing girlfriend. She turns around, smiling. "Mornin' sleepyhead." I walk over. "You're in a good mood today." I say. "Guess who's coming over later today?" Huh? "Who?" "Oh come on, guess!" She gasps, holding my hands. Hm, for her to be so excited like this it has to be Luke. "Luke's gettin' off tour early, huh?" "How'd you know?" I laugh and ruffle her hair. "You only get super excited like that with me and Luke so it wasn't that hard to tell." I pour a cup of coffee as the door opens. "Surprise!" I smile and lean against the counter as my brother from another mother walks into the kitchen. "Hey man, how ya been?" "Great how was the tour?" "Awesome! We killed it! FGL and Cole are some great performers." We all decide to go bowling.

Miranda's pov

Someone pulls on my pants leg. I turn around confused. A little girl stands at my feet while the boys are getting snacks. I back away from the girl. I saw her die. She was a refugee!! She died in my arms!! "Jason!" I cry, shakily. He doesn't hear me. I drop the ball in my hands and scream his name. The girl still gives me evil looks. "You killed me!" She screams. "No I didn't! I tried to save you!" I shout back. "Baby?! What's wrong?" "The girl. She.... I held her as she died." I whimper, pointing. "There's no one there."

Luke's pov

Jason tries to calm her down. I love how good he is with her. Most people would just leave but he loves her and won't leave her. I don't know what I'd do without that guy. "She is there! She won't stop saying I killed her." She whimpers, looking into his eyes. "You're imagining her. Just focus on me, sweetheart." She takes three solid deep breaths. "I-I'm back." She says. "Ya wanna go back home?" He asks. "N-Nah, I'll j-just sit down for a bit. I'm okay." "You sure? I don't mind." "I'm okay, Jay. Thanks." He smiles. "Anytime sweetheart." I smile and cross my arms. They both sit down, him holding her tight. He's the best friend I've ever had and the best person for my baby sister. "What's wrong with her?" I hear a little girl ask her mother. I glance back at them and she's pointing at them. I walk over to her. "I know what's wrong." I say. The mother mouths sorry. "No need. She's curious. It's okay." I bend down to the little girl. "That girl sitting down who was screaming earlier is my sister. She fought in the army. You know what that is right?" She looks at her mom wide eyed. "Like daddy!" Oh wow. Her dad is a military man! "Well from fighting in the war, she returned a little different."

Miranda's pov

"Ma'am?" I look up, trying to stop my hands from shaking. "Yeah?" "Thank you for your service." How'd she know? I glance up at Luke. He is talking to a woman. I'm guessing her mother. "Thank you sweety." I say, close to tears. "That Luke." Jason says, smiling at my brother. I look up and they're still talking. I think he likes her. Me and Jason go back home. I lay on the couch beyond exhausted. Jason sits beside me. "You alright?" "Yeah. I'm just gonna sleep instead. I'm exhausted." He pulls me into his lap and rubs my back singing softly to me. As my eyes drift closed, I hear him whisper, "My one and only."