Chapter 4

I woke up extra early to make sure I was at the front of the line to see the cheer postings. I jumped in the shower real quick and blow dried my hair. I threw on a shirt from Forever 21 and a pair of jean shorts. By the time I was ready so was Eva. I could tell she was as excited as me. 

                When we got to the school, we both sprinted up to the activities entrance, where the list was going to be posted. There were only five girls in front of us. They were all on the squad the year before. They probably came just to see who the newcomers were.

                After about ten minutes the line was all the way back to the parking lot. The cheerleading coach finally came up and posted the list on the wall. I waited anxiously for the five girls in front of us to read the list. Eva and I finally got to the list. We both scrambled through the list trying to find our names. My finger stopped right on my name. I looked right over at Eva and she had a huge grin on her face. At the same time we both shouted, “I made it!”

                The rest of the school day was great knowing we both made the cheer squad. After school we were already meeting to get fitted for our uniforms. Never once did I think I would try out for cheerleading, or even be a cheerleader.

                For lunch the captain of the cheer squad surprised all of us newcomers by taking us out to eat. We all ate lunch together and the captain told us a few tips and secrets about the squad. The last periods of school went by really slow. I was just so excited for our meeting after school.

                After what seemed like forever, the final bell rang. Eva and I met in the gym along with all the other cheerleaders. After we all got fitted the captain, Harleigh, told us all secretly to meet at her house at eight.

                Harleigh actually lives right next door to me, so Eva and I just walked over at eight. “Come on in girls! You can make yourself comfortable in the living room with the others.”

                Eva and I sat on a couch in the living room and we all waited for everyone to arrive. About ten minutes later everyone was there. “Okay girls, thank you for all meeting here. I asked you all to come in regards to our annual cheer party. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s a party we have every year after the new squad has been formed. The word about the party will be spread by word of mouth. The party is this Friday here at my house. You are all to wear a really cute pink dress. At one point in the party I will introduce each of you to the whole crowd. The party is to start at eight; you must be here by seven. Any questions?”

                We all shook our heads and hugged goodbye. Eva and I walked back to my house and watched dance moms. “Well Eva, I know what we are doing tomorrow after practice.”

                “Shopping for new dresses?”

                “Exactly! Just think, in no time we will be known by almost everybody!”