Chapter 6

Harleigh’s house filled up with people extremely fast. By 8:30 mostly everyone was there, except for a few. At 8:30, Harleigh made her way up to the balcony. The rest of us cheerleaders followed her and lined up just as we had practiced. “Attention everyone! I would like to announce this year’s cheerleaders. For seniors: Myself, Brooke, Aisley, and Eva. As she said our names we each waved out to the guests. For juniors: Casey, Lexi, Sarah, and Ashlee. For sophomores: Danielle, Brittanie, Jocelyn, and Courtney. For freshman: Cassidy, Chloe, Jessica, and Abby. That’s all of your cheerleaders!”

                We all walked down the stairs in a line and spread out through the house. Eva and I went to the back yard. When we got out there, Alex came and grabbed Eva. Ever since the last summer party, Eva won’t stop talking about Alex.

 I walked over to the drinks table. I grabbed a glass and filled it with some punch. I got a strange feeling that someone was watching me. I turned around and started walking back to where everyone was dancing. Some guy out of nowhere came up to me. “Hey, my name is Kyler. Would you like to dance with me?”

                He held his hand out and I rested my hand in the palm of his. He clasped his hand around mine and led me into the crowd. We started dancing. It was a fast song so it was more like grinding then dancing. After the first song we danced to, a slow song came on. He grabbed me around the waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled me in closer to his chest. I rested my head on his shoulder and swayed back and forth. Kyler bent down and whispered into my ear, “You really caught my attention during the introductions.”

                “How so?”

                “Do I really have to explain myself?” For once I felt like a guy actually might like me.

                “Would you like to go get another drink with me?” Kyler followed me inside the house to get a wine cooler. There was a group of people surrounding the kitchen table. We went over to the table to see what was going on. A game of beer pong had just begun. Kyler and I decided to play a round. Let’s just say I am not very good at beer pong. After a few drinks, I began to feel a little tipsy.

                After a while I decided I need to stop playing beer pong or I would end up completely wasted. Kyler and I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. We each grabbed one more drink on our way. Before I knew it I was standing on the table with a few other girls dancing and screaming. Kyler came and pulled me down from the table and pulled me off to the side. He picked me up and walked out the front door. He carried me out to his car and began putting me into the passenger seat.

                Out of nowhere, Nolan pushed Kyler out of the way. He picked me up out of Kyler’s car. “Leave my sister alone!” Nolan carried me over to our house and took me up to my room.

                “Learn to control yourself Aisley! Just because you are having fun now doesn’t mean you have to lose control! I’m not always going to be there for you!”

                “Why did you have to ruin my night!? I was perfectly fine with Kyler!”

                “You are drunk Aisley! And Kyler isn’t who you think he is!” With that said Nolan walked out of my room and slammed the door behind him.

                I threw myself back onto my bed. I was so drunk and tired that it only took seconds for me to fall into a deep sleep.