Chapter 8

I couldn’t believe who was standing right in front of me. “Kyler?”

                “Good evening Aisley. I bought these flowers for you.” I took the flowers from his hand and walked into the diner with him. Kyler pulled out a chair for me and I sat down at the table he reserved for the two of us. The waitress came to the table to take our order. While we waited for our food, we talked getting to know “each” other. Kyler couldn’t stop talking about himself. He constantly was telling me stories about his life.

                Finally our food came. We ate our dinner in quiet. After Kyler paid the bill, we went back outside. We went to his truck and he started driving somewhere. “Where are we going?”

                “It’s a surprise.” After driving for about thirty minutes, we finally reached our destination. He walked around the truck and opened the door for me. I hopped down and he guided me to the back of his truck. He pulled down the tailgate. In the back were some blankets and a few pillows. Kyler jumped into the back and helped pull me up. I laid down and looked up at all the stars.

                I was just gazing up at the stars and I could feel Kyler get closer and closer to me. He leaned over and put his arm behind me. Before I knew it Kyler was on top of me trying to make out with me. I tried with all my might to push him off. He finally stopped to take a breath and I sat up. I jumped off the tailgate and started to walk away. “Where are you going Aisley?”

                “Anywhere but here, you pig!” Kyler started to jog towards me and I ran right into the surrounding trees. I could hear his truck start in the distance and he drove off. I walked through the woods, using a flashlight on my phone to find my way.

                I finally reached a road. I didn’t want to call Eva, she wouldn’t understand. I dialed Nolan’s number and he picked up after the second ring. “Hey sis, what’s up?”

                “Eva and this guy she likes set me up on a blind date. The guy was Kyler. You were right Nolan; he’s not what I thought. I’m out in the country on Road 9. Can you please come get me?”

                “Aisley! I am in Jefferson City with Steven. I will call Emmett and have him come get you.” Emmett is one of my brother’s friends.

                I hung up the phone and started to walk down the road closer to town.

                Twenty minutes later Emmett pulled over along the road. He ran over to me and helped me into his jeep.  I sat in the passenger’s seat with tears streaming down my face and shivering from the cold breeze. Emmett leaned over into the back and grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around my shoulders. He grabbed a napkin out of the glove box and wiped away my tears. “Are you okay Aisley?”

                “Thank you so much Emmett.” I leaned over and gave him a huge hug. I don’t think he was expecting me to give him a hug.

                Emmett started his jeep and drove back to town. He stopped at a gas station and bought me something to eat and drink and took me to my house. “Are you going to be okay?”

                “Yes, thanks again.” I opened the jeep door and walked into my house. I went up to my room and changed into my pajamas. I realized I accidently brought his blanket in with me. I folded his blanket up and set it on my dresser. I hopped into bed and went to bed.