Chapter 6

Chapter Six:

I only got lost once on the way into town. I looked around for a daycare and finally found one. I pulled in, it pretty nice from the outside and surprisingly there were a lot of cars there for it being only 6:15. One of the cars caught my attention but it actually wasn't a car. It was a motorcycle with a side car next to it. The motorcycle looked really familiar but the sidecar didn't. We continue into the daycare center and Juliette looks around with wide eyes. I approach the counter and a middle aged woman greets us with a smile. "Hello dear! How are you? My name is Donna and I own this daycare. What can I do for you?" she asks. I like her already. "I'm Lydia and this is Juliette. I was wondering how much it would cost for the day to drop off Juliette and pick her up around 3:30?" I ask. We go over the cost and what it would cost per month as well which may or may not come in handy. I fill out the necessary paperwork and give Juliette over to Donna but she starts crying her eyes out. She clings onto me and says, "I don't want you leave me all alone Lydia!" I feel really bad about her having to stay with people she doesn't know. My face must have reflected my thoughts because Donna spoke up and said, " Why don't you take her into the playroom for a little while to introduce her to some of the other kids? Well actually there's only one other child here know but maybe they could play together?" I smile appreciatively and walk into the playroom with Juliette still clinging onto me but at least she has stopped crying. Donna was right-there was only one other kid,a little boy who looked to be around the age of three or four, but what she forgot to mention was that there was the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen playing alongside with him.