Chapter 8

Chapter Eight:

On the way to school, I can't get him out of my head-for two reasons. One, he was very, very attractive and just plain hot. Second, I can't believe how rude he was being! All I did was introduce myself! I make it to the school quicker than I expected and I almost miss the turn because I was day dreaming of my... I mean the mysterious boy. My new school's name is West Mount High School, home of the Blue Devils. I pull into the designated parking for students. The school itself seems fairly small which I guess is a good thing. I go into the main office to get my schedule and map. There are two secretaries in the office but the one closer to me speaks up first. "Hello hun! I'm Mrs. Brown the head secretary! What can I do for you?" Mrs. Brown asks politely. I smile back and say, "Hi! My name is Lydia Ellis and I'm a new student here." She quickly grabs a few different papers and brings them to counter. "This is your schedule for year and this is a map of the school. It's not all that big so you shouldn't have a problem getting lost and if you do the students are very nice so you can ask them or any of our staff." She finished explaining my schedule and then wished me luck. She also gives me my locker number and a lock. The knot in my stomach comes back all of a sudden as I walk out of the main office. My locker number is 1931 and I have no clue where that could be. I start walking down the middle hallway and all of those lockers are in the 1700s so I guess I'm not that far away. After taking two more turns, I find my locker. I put my book-bag and lunch box in there, lock it, and head into homeroom.