Chapter 15

"Sam." Justin knocks on the door repeatedly. "You've been in there a while, everything alright?"

I clear my throat and open the door. "Peachy," I push past Justin and go up to my room Justin so kindly gave me. I guess that's what 'friends' are for. I throw myself on my bed and groan.

"Sam," Justin's voice rings in my ear. I groan again and curl up in a ball.

"Go away," I say.

Justin's hands yank me up on his lap so I'm facing him. Tears threaten to spill when I see him.

"Is it something I did?" He asks and a tear topples over.

"Friends?" I ask and stare at the floor.

He thinks a moment.

"Oh fuck, Sam," he tilts my chin up with his thumb. Golden brown eyes stare at me. "I just said that because,"

"Because why?" I say. "Because you don't like me? Are you embarrassed of me or--"

"Because I don't want you to get hurt."

"I don't understand..." I say truthfully.

Justin sighs. "Do you understand how much hate you would have got if I said you were my girlfriend?"

"I don't care!"

"And not just by that girl. But the whole world!" He pauses and lowers his head. "I don't want you to be hated..."

"I don't care." I repeat again but calmer.

"You don't?" He asks and I shake my head no. I'd take on the worst hate as long as I am Justin's and he is mine.

"Sam," he says and wraps me in his arms. He takes in a shaky breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

My yes widen at the question.

"I kind of thought I was before you called me your friend," I say and laugh a bit.

"Sorry, babe," he says and my heart flutters.

"I like the sound of that,"

"Me apologizing?" he jokes and I push out of his arms.

"No, you calling me babe."

I kiss his nose and get off of his lap.

We turn and head downstairs hand in hand.

"Hey where is the McDonalds?" I ask as he grabs my waste and leads me into the theatre room.

"In the car," he says and I laugh.

I take a seat in a comfy chair and throw my legs over the side as I watch Justin search for a movie.

"Well?" I say and Justin looks at me with a questioning look on his face.

"Are you gonna go get it?" I ask laughing and Justin pulls out a movie and takes a seat next to me before answering.

"No, I'll just make something to eat." He replies smiling.

I nod and grab the movie from his hand.

"What's this?" I ask turning the movie around and reading the back.

"It's scary,"

I look at him and see a smirk on his face. I don't like scary movies ever since he took me to see that last one.

"It'll be fine, babe." He says and my heart flutters a bit. "You'll be safe with me."

"If I get scared can I come sit with you?" I question and pout my lip.