Chapter 12 (Perfect)

Jade

I hurriedly ran into class later than I have ever been before. I told Mrs.Carr that I lost my house key, and surprisingly she bought it. I began walking to my seat, the whole class staring at me. I noticed two eyes staring at me the most. Very intently. I looked to my right. It was Harry. He was staring nervously at something in my hands. Precisely, the flowers I was holding.

I made it to my desk and sat down.

"Good morning class, again. We have a lot to accomplish today. We'll be starting with your everyday warm-ups and then will make time for your group work". Ms. Carr announced. Oh no, groups? Not this again.

We all began our warm-up. We had to write down special terms to start off our new unit.

Once we were all finished, we passed our papers to the front and waited for Ms. Carr to speak.

"Okay class. I would like for you all to get into your groups and write down each member's name and pass it to me. Get started."

My classmates began getting up and heading to their groups. But me, I stayed in my desk frozen. I wanted my group to come to me. I was now cool with all the guys since they apologized to me. The only people I didn't receive apologies from were Niall and Harry.

I waited for a while until Liam began walking towards my desk.

"Hey Jade. Do you want to start?" Liam asked nervously.

"Of course. If we didn't we'll get a zero." I laughed to spark the moment. It only made things more awkward. Liam silently laughed. Sooner than later, the other boys began walking towards us. Well, Zayn and Louis. Harry and Niall stayed back, as we were in separate groups. The memory of Harry yelling at me came back.

"Hey guys. How are you Jade?" Louis asked politely, giving me a slight wink. I blushed a little.

"I'm good, Louis. Thanks for asking. How are you?" I asked.

Louis smiled. "I'm good, never better now that you're here." I began to blush more.

Liam broke up our conversation. "Ok guys! We should begin writing out names down". Liam grabbed a piece of paper out of his bag and began writing our names down. I noticed that Liam knew my whole name. As in, Jade Amelia Thirlwall. Maybe he looked at my name tag or something.

I also noticed someone staring at me from the corner of my eye. I didn't have the nerve to look. I didn't want them to know that I caught them staring, but after five minutes I gave up. I looked to my right and discovered both Niall and Harry looking at me. Harry gave me a small smile, while Niall gave me an apologetic look.

I decided to ignore it. I didn't want to have to deal with anymore drama. I sat back in my desk and noticed some flowers. The flowers that I found earlier in my locker. Alongside the flowers was a card. I didn't have time to read the card earlier, so I had no idea whom it was from. I picked up the card and began to take it out of its envelope. The envelope was red and had beautiful floral designs on it.

"What's that?" Zayn asked me, glancing at the card.

"I actually don't know. I found it in my locker with some flowers." I stated honestly.

"Oh, secret admirer?" Zayn asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Maybe." I shrugged, smiling. I continued opening the envelope as Zayn turned his attention elsewhere. Inside the envelope was the nicest card I have ever received. It had a design similar to the flowers that came with it. I opened the card and read the unexpected writing.

'Dear Jade'
No words can express how sorry I am for what happened the other day. I would do anything just to make it up to you. I'm truly, truly sorry. I don't know why I acted that way, but I regret every single minute of it. Please give me one more chance to be your friend.' Love, Harry x

I smiled at the note and looked over at Harry. Sure enough, He was already looking at me too. I got up from my seat and walked over to him. When I reached him I pulled him into a friendly hug.

"Thank you so much Harry. I appreciate the card and yes, I do forgive you." I said smiling, letting go of Harry.

Harry gave me a huge smile and took me into another hug. "Thanks Jade. It was my pleasure. Anything for a great friend."

I smiled back.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this apology, but it was by far the nicest thing someone has ever done for me.