Chapter 15 (Perfect)

Jade

I sat on the bench at the park waiting for Harry to arrive.

It has only been about five minutes since I arrived. I checked my phone and it was 11:05 in the morning.

I had no way of texting Harry because I didn't have his number, so I had no other choice but to wait.

"Jade!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. Probably Harry.

I turned around, following the voice and it was for sure, Harry.

"Hey! I'm sorry I'm late. Had trouble choosing an outfit." Harry told me sincerely.

"Its fine! I just got here, less than five minutes ago actually." I stated, honestly.

Harry smiled and scoot into the bench with me.

Harry

"Let's get to know each other?" I told Jade, more as a question.

"Yeah!" Jade chirped.

"You first?" I asked. Jade nodded, smiling.

"Well, my name is Jade, as you already know. I am a junior, just like you. My favorite colors are purple and teal. I love lasagna, biscuits and chocolate. And... yeah that's pretty much it." Jade smiled.

I smiled at her cuteness. Just watching as she spoke each word was perfection.

"Now, your turn." Jade said.

"My name is Harold, but I prefer Harry. My favorite color is orange. I prefer my hair curly. I have one sister. I'm also a junior. And I like to party." I said winking at the last sentence.

"Me too." Jade laughed.

Out of nowhere I remembered the object Niall had given me earlier. Should I use it? It'll probably be easier to go with the flow than to be told what to say. I decided against my thoughts and powered the object behind my ear on.

I heard his voice right away.

"Harry! Finally you power on. Where have you been?" Niall nearly screamed through the object.

I didn't want to respond. Jade would find out if she heard me.

"Oh yeah. Don't respond. Don't want to make it awkward between you and Jade." Niall stated.

"Okay for starters. Smile. Show her that you care." Niall stated. I did as told and began smiling at Jade. She smiled back, enjoying the beautiful scenery in front of us. There was a beautiful lake near the bench we sat on.

"Repeat everything I say. No excuses, okay?" Niall asked me through the object, forgetting that I couldn't respond. Okay, I said in my head.

"Ask Jade, how she is. Girls love when they are asked about their feelings." He told me.

"How are you Jade? Have you been well?" I asked her, smiling.

"I'm good, thanks for asking. How are you?" Jade brightened up, sending me a smile.

"I'm fine also." I replied.

"Now ask her for her phone number." Niall told me.

"Hey Jade, do you mind if i get your phone number? So we can keep in touch and all?" I asked her, hopefully.

"Sure!" Jade handed me her phone and I handed her mine. When we finished imputing each others phone number, we swap phones back.

"Great! Now text me Jades phone number. I would love to have it." I scoffed. He only wanted me to ask for her number so he could use it.

"Is everything okay, Harry?" Jade asked me worriedly. Man! She heard me. She probably thought I was disgusted or something when I scoffed. I came up with a quick lie.

"I'm sorry! That was nothing! I've been sick lately. Probably just something stuck in my throat." I lied.

"Its okay, Harry. We all get sick once in a while!" Jade laughed. I laughed along with her.

"Now ask Jade about her previous boyfriends." Niall told me. I honestly wanted to skip this question, but I was also interested, so I gave in.

"So Jade have you had any previous boyfriends?" I asked her nervously.

"Well I had one boyfriend named Sam but other than that, no. What about you?" Jade responded.

"I've had girlfriends here and there, but none we're really serious." I replied. I regretted saying that the minute I got the words out.

Jade's face seemed to sadden. I didn't mean it like that. My next action stricken me.

"Now tell her you don't like her and maybe she's meant for someone else." Niall told me. I wasn't really paying much attention to what was happening. I was too stuck on the fact that Jade's face saddened when I said those girls meant nothing to me. I would prefer her over anything.

"I don't like you and maybe you're meant for someone else." I blurted out. Wait, what!

What did I just say? Jade turned to me quickly, with a confused expression on her face.

"Huh?"

All of a sudden I couldn't think for myself.

"Good. Now tell her that your not looking for a relationship right now." Niall told me.

"I'm not really looking for a relationship right now." I told Jade.

"What!" I yelled right after.

Why was Niall making me say all this stuff? Why wasn't I thinking?

I powered off the object behind my ear and turned to Jade, who didn't look very happy with me.

"Is that why you brought me here? To tell me that your not ready for this. All I wanted was to be friends. Is that not enough for you?" Jade asked me, with a shocked expression because of my actions.

"Its not that, I swear! I had no idea what I was saying. Please Jade." I had no idea what to say. I was so lost. What did Niall have me saying?

"I've got to go. Maybe you'll find someone you will love to spend your time with." Jade said getting up with a saddened expression.

"Jade... I don't know what to say!" I said getting up too. How could I have been so stupid to repeat what I heard from a little machine.

Jade began walking away and I followed after her.

"I'm sorry! Let me explain. I don't want another fight." I turned Jade around.

"You're the only one starting these fights. Did you ask me to hang out just to tell me this?" Jade questioned me. Of course, she only saw this as a hang out, while I saw it as a date.

"No no no Jade you've got it all wrong!" I pulled the object from behind my ear, handing it to Jade.

"What is this?" Jades expression loosened.

"Its an object where a friend told me what to say. I promise I didn't think about what I was saying. It was all a mistake." I told Jade, honestly, hoping she'd understand me.

"Who was this friend?" Jade asked me, curiously.

"Niall. He told me what to say." I stated, honestly.

"Niall was behind this too? Why would Niall say those things? I've got to go. I need space to think" Jade said running off. She got into her car before I could catch up.

I gave up. This couldn't be happening again. I walked to my car, anger boiling inside me. I got in and threw the object to the floor.

"Why is this happened to me?!" I yelled, punching the steering wheel.

A tear escaped my eye. Why does this have to happen again? We just went through this. Jade probably lost all trust in me by now. What does Niall want from me.

I ended up sitting in my car for two hours, crying. I couldn't believe this. It just happened so fast.

I wiped my tears and started riding back to Ashton's flat. I wanted to know why Niall did this.