Chapter 23

Taking a step back, I look Sean in the eyes resentfully deciding what to do next. Should I have a go at him or leave it be not to cause a scene? "Look Sean," I stay strong and stand my ground, "What I do and do not do is my personal choice and don't but into it. We're here to play football, we can sort this out later. For now, let's get our jobs done here." I snarl at him and he takes a step back.

Sean tries to snap back at me but the coach interrupts just in the nick of time. "Oi! Styles, Emmet! Break it up and get to it!" Walking away, Sean turns back at me and mutters angrily under his breath. 'I'm not done.' I read his lips and furrow my eyebrows at him. The last thing I need is to give off a bad first impression.

Starting on my warm up, I stretch my arms and legs and go for a run to complete things. Training goes well and Sean doesn't annoy me though he does 'unintentionally' shoulder barge me. Training finishes and I whip out a towel from my duffel bag.

Wiping the sweat off my face, I look over to the side of me and see Sean staring down at me. "Remember what I said." He huffs as he straps his bag to his back and walks away. Oh how I'd love to beat the crap out of him right here and now. Taking my phone out of my bag, I unlock it and click on the text app to text [Y/N].

"Goodbye!" I shout back to coach and start to make my way home. 'Hey [Y/N], it's Harry. Guess what, I made the team!' I punch in and press send. After a minute, I feel my phone vibrate in my hand. 'omg congratulations!! How was training? x (:' She texts back in excitement. 'It was good, Sean was his usual self but I don't mind, I took care of it.'

'Took care of it?' I can feel a certain tone of worry through the words contrasting my screen. 'Just told him off, don't worry.' I text back hopefully easing suspense. 'Phew. Haha you had me worried there for a sec Harry!' She texts back in relief. 'Gotta go, see you Monday :)' I reply and take the house key out of my duffel bag.