Chapter 48

Twisting Harry's brown hair around your finger, you lie on his chest and listen to the story he's telling. "And I turned back; ignoring the cheers of the crowd and applause and saw him. Jack. Laying there with his hand grasping his leg tightly and groaning out in pain."

"Oh my gosh," You gasp in utter shock, "What was wrong with him?" It falls silent. After a minute, Harry shakily breathes out through his nose after soaking up the stillness of the atmosphere.

"I made my way to him and knelt down to see what I'd done to hurt him. I tried to help but he pushed me back with his free hand with force. The words he said to me that night still circle my head every day, 'Haven't you done enough?'." Harry's voice begins to grow fainter with every word said until they become so quiet that you can't hear him.

Looking into his green eyes, you see anger, regret and most of all, pain. You whisper Harry's name several times over and the twisting of his curls slowly begins to turn into gentle compassionate strokes.

"The footy team picked me up and everyone chanted my name louder and louder," Harry resumes recounting the events that took place, "I kept looking back at Jack but there was no way I could undo what was done. The celebration carried on into the night with a massive party at my best friends Niall's house. I was forced to go even though I didn't want to; not after hearing Jack's bones snap under my foot and seeing him being pushed into an ambulance.

The first half of the night was a drag, I couldn't get my mind off what happened. Everyone kept telling me that he was fine and to relax and to have some fun. I did lighten up after a while and had a pretty fun night but when it was over, I remembered it all." Harry stops speaking and squeezes your body in a tight hug as dark memories cloud his mind.

--

[A/N]

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update xx

:( just yeah ahah, hopefully updating quicker now :)

--