Chapter 43

Walking trough Harry's house, you say hello to his dad and his sister Lily. Proceeding to go to his room, you place your bag with the assignment on the floor and take everything out in preparation. Not knowing how to act around Harry, you stay a bit distant from him to avoid confrontation.

You want to ask Harry but just don't know how. You don't want to hurt his feelings or be too straight forward. After all this time, you thought he would've kept his promise. "You alright?" Harry's raspy voice breaks your thoughts in an instant. "Yeah just long night last night at Stacey's." You fake smile and begin to get to work.

After half an hour of doing the assignment, you notice that Harry is acting weirdly. He's usually all bubbly and so into things but right now he's more closed off than usual; like his first week. Looking up from the ground to ask what's wrong with Harry, you look back down again to avoid certain questions.

"You sure you're alright?" Harry clears his throat and asks you again. Again, you use the same excuse and this time Harry begins to ponder about your answer but doesn't question it. As the night drags on, the project is nearly finished but limited communication is conveyed between you and Harry.

"Oh I gotta get going." You gasp and look down at you're phone seeing that it's nearly 10pm. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow." Harry helps you pack up your stuff and leads you out to the car.

Waving goodbye, you smile back at Harry. "How am I going to do this?" You sigh as you can't help but want an answer for Harry's actions.

•••••

"[Y/N] you have to talk to him; it's Friday! It's been nearly a week, you have to ask him." Monica tells you as you put your books in your locker. "I know," You sigh out and close your locker, "But I just don't know how! I don't want to confront him but I want an answer.."

"When's the next time you're seeing him?" Monica quizzes. "At school on Monday, I haven't planned anything with him for the weekend." Your smile or what was left of it fades away. "Make up something or ask him over to dinner. Your parents wanted to meet him right? That would be the perfect opportunity!" Monica smiles at her bright idea.

"Oh my god, that's amazing! Love you so much!" You chuckle happily as you give Monica a tight hug.

---

[A/N]

Now I know you're all wondering what Harry lied about and why she freaked out, but it's coming up in later chapters so don't panic x

---