The beginning

Sitting home alone listening to the rain, dreading for my mother to get home from work. She is a small sweet looking women, some people say she couldnt hurt a fly. But behind closed doors its a different story. Since I was a little girl I was always a little rebel, when I would get caught my mother would yell at me and put me in a corner for 10 minutes then I was off to more mischief. After my father died when I was 12,my mother became very depressed. She lost her job and started spending our money on pills and beer. After my father died I became a little saint and never lied and I did what I was told to do. I came home with one bad grade and my mother would flip shit and throw me into a wall and beat me till I was bleeding, and even then she still wouldnt stop. Now I am 16 turning 17 in a month or so. My best friend is suppose to be picking me up before my mother gets home and there is no sign of her, so I keep checking the clock every 5 minutes. I heard the front door open then slam shut. I swallowed hard hearing my mother curse under her breath. Great she is drunk and when she is drunk the beatings are worse. "SHANNON GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE" She yelled. I got goose bumps as my stomach jumped. I slowly made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where she was using the counter to hold her wobbling body up. I was shaking and afraid, I cleared my throat and she looked up. "How was your day mom" I said my voice crakcing. She walked up to me and smiled at me. "MY DAY WAS FUCKING GREAT! I BUSTED MY ASS AT WORK THEN WENT TO THE BAR WITH MY FREIND AND THEN I COME HOME TO A FUCKING CHILD I NEVER WANTED" She yelled in my face making me flinch. "I-I'm sorry" I stuttered. I felt my mothers hand go across my face as I stumbled back. I caught my self on the wall before I could hit the ground. The stinging sensation only lasted a few seconds as there was a new pain. I fell to my knees as my mother had kicked me in my knee. Tears filled my eyes threatening to spill, but I was stronge as I stood up slowly. Only to be knocked back down by my mothers fist connecting to my face. I finally decided to just lay there and take the kicks I was about to receive.

Waking up the next morning on the cold hard wood floor of my kitchen, I slowly sat up only to be knocked back on my side by the amount of pain growing all over my body. I slowly sat up again pushing through the pain. I finally stood up and limped my way to my bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I wanted to break the mirror. My eye was bruised slighty and my cheek was starting to bruise. The pain in my stomach grew worse as I slowly lifted my shirt to reveal several bruises and a few blood stains. I cleaned my stomach up and covered my bruised face with makeup. I wobbled to my room and slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue shirt with black letters reading MAGCON. Matthew epsinosa is my hero. His smile, his voice, his laugh, everything he is. I know everything about him, he is my everything, But to him I'm just another screaming fan. With the thought of Matt in my head I grabbed my penny board and phone. Quietly heading out the door I set my penny board down and headed for another hell hole, Sandmills.

Sandmills is the worst highschool ever. There are girls popping up pregnant every other day. As I reach the hell hole called school, I spot my best freind out side waiting for me. The events from last night flooded my mind. If she would have been there to pick me up, nothing of what happened last night would have happened. I walked past her ignoring her desperate attempts to get my attention. "SHANNON WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM" She shouted annoyed that I was ignoring her. I turned around quickly which caught her off gaurd, She blinked alittle as she studied my facial expression. 'What happened, werent you suppose to pick me up yesterday, she beat me again, I woke up on the kitchen floor" I mumbled and walked to my locker. I spun the little dial thingie putting my compination in. The lock opened with a click sound and I shoved my penny board into its normal spot. I grabbed my books for first and second period. I closed my locker and slammed it shut to find Alyssa standing with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry best friend" She closed her eyes and looked away. I sighed loudly and set my books on the ground wrapping my arms around her small body. "It's okay hun, It's not your fault" I whispered letting her go. The bell rang and we rushed to first period. My first period being math, I rushed in and took my seat in the back of the class. As everyone was piling into the class, I started on the warm up question on the board.