The Caverns

After a while of walking, we both sit down. I look around the forest. Sighing, I look at the sky. Its late afternoon. I look over at Dipper. He seems to be watching the forest pretty well. Before I know it, I fall asleep on the log. I can feel Dipper's shoulder tense as my head falls on it, but then he relaxes. I slowly drift off to sleep.
The next thing I know, Dipper and Ford are running, carrying me along with them. Huh! W-whats going on! I look behind us. There's a huge bat-thing coming at us. I look up terrified. I slowly lower my gaze to see Ford. He looks down and smiles. "Glad to see you're awake. Just a small recap," he yells over the loud roar of the Baterdactle, "While you and Dipper were in the forest, back near the shack, THIS thing was hanging around. I ran over here and stumbled upon you two by accident!" The Baterdactle roars again. "Look ahead!" Dipper points over to a small crack in the walls of the cavern we had entered a while ago.
Ford takes the lead from there, shoving his way into the crack, followed shortly by Dipper. Ford sets me down, leaning over with his hands on his knees. He breaths deeply with exhaustion. I peek outside the small crack. Suddenly, a huge eye shows up in the crack, and the creature screams. I jump back and land on Dipper. His breath gets knocked out and he slides across the ground. He lands against the wall and I turn around, mouthing out the words "Sorry." He shrugs then sits up, me still in his lap. I quickly get up, scanning the area. Ford and Dipper are backing up against the wall.
"Why am I the one always facing monsters?" I run to the wall and kick off of it. I jump and catch a stalactite from the cave mid jump. The creature screams again. "Oh shut up!" I stab the stalactite into the creature's eye. It screams and backs up. "Come on!" I grab Dipper by the wrist and pull him out, Ford on our tail. We leave the cave. The creature is still screaming behind us. When we pass it, Dipper grabs his bag and we keep running til we see the Mystery Shack.