Midnight Encounter

I yawn. Its about 1 am in the morning. Over the past week I've been running for my life. I think I need a rest. Dipper and the rest of the Pines family agreed I can sleep on the couch in the living room. I think its a fair deal. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it will do. After a while, I finally fell asleep. Sadly, I was woken up at about 2 am to find Dipper raiding the fridge. He looks over. "Oh hey, sorry for waking you up." I sit up, my eyes only half open. "Why are you still up...?" His whole face turns red. "I. I-I uh... umm..." He rubs the back of his neck. I had a feeling he didn't want to discuss it. "So..." he continues "I guess since we're both awake...maybe we can talk a little...?"

He gets us both a glass of warm milk, and he sits down next to me on the chair. Once he sits down, the chair gets a little warmer than it was with just me and the blanket. It's hard fighting the urge to scoot closer to him. His whole face turns red. But that just makes the seat even warmer. "So.... watch you wanna talk about...?" he asks, kind of unsure of what to say. "I don't really know, I was just planning to go to sleep..." I narrow my eyes at him, then smile, "but I guess things don't always go as expected." Dipper laughs nervously, "Yah, I guess not..." He stares at the TV. Sometimes I wish I knew what in the world he was thinking.

He looked tense, kinda shifted his eyes around, and I scooted over in the chair. "I-I guess I'll go back upst-"

"Wait..." I look at him and blush a little, looking down and hoping he doesn't see it. "I just thought you wanted me gone, you know, so you can sleep...?" I continue to look down at my feet as he says that. "Well, i-it's nice to know there's someone who stays up late watching the place." I laugh a little, and he smiles. "Well, I mainly stay up late because I'm studying the journals..." I look up, interested. I could find out more things about that creature that attacked me.