The Arrival

I kept on running. I knew I couldn't stop. Maybe fighting it WASN'T the best idea after all. I thought I could take it on... Apparently not. A bolt of lightning flashes, illuminating the sky. While it flashes, I see the outline of a building. As I get closer, I see the run down sign. "The Mystery Hack...?" I lower my eyes and see the fallen S. "Oh! The Mystery Shack! Makes more sense." I hear a loud roar behind me. I run up to the door. There's a sign on the door. Closed. "Psh, at the moment, who cares if its closed?" I hear another roar, louder this time, followed by quick, approaching footsteps. "Holy crap!" I burst open the door. A bell hung over the door rings loudly. Crap, exactly what I needed...The footsteps draw closer, and I slam the door. Phew... I look straight ahead to see two kids about my age, a boy and a girl. I'm guessing they're twins. The boy looks very confused while the girl has a huge smile. I nervously laugh and wave. Oh geez... how am I going to explain THIS?

"Umm.... Hi..." I slowly lower my hand. The grunts of the monster behind the door slowly fade away. The boy pulls out an old, torn up journal and starts flipping through the pages, murmuring something. The girl runs up and starts shaking my hand very fast, fast enough my wrist hurt. "HI THERE! My name's Mabel, and that's my brother Dipper!" I look up at Dipper. He glances up, blinks, then looks back down at the book. "Oh, stop staring at those pages Dip! We've got a visitor!" Mabel shoves him forward. He gasps in surprise, almost dropping his journal. He sorta stands in front of me, his hat covering his face. He pulls it up again. "Sorry, about her..." he nervously laughs, "and I guess sorry about me too." He holds out his hand for me to shake it. And I do so gladly.

"So, whats your name?" I look at both of them. "My name is Avill." Dipper thinks about the name for a second. "Hmm, never heard THAT name before." Then Mabel punches his shoulder. "And I bet she's never heard the name Dipper before! HA!" Dipper blushes a little. He looks at me, dazed for a second. "Uh, earth to Dipper?" I wave my hand in front of his face. He shakes his head, clearing whatever thoughts that had blocked everything out. "Sorry, just thinking. What are you doing here anyways? A-and what was on the other side of that door...?" I look around the lobby, hoping to come to an excuse. Then I realize there was no excuse to be at a strangers house around 11 o'clock at night. "Well... Its a long story..."