Chapter 14: Meetings

Maryl

I'm not calm and not calm. Did I say I'm not calm? Why can't I calm down? Why am I such a whiny wuss bitch?

"Maryl, its ok. You can let go now."

I just realized I was still holding onto Trixie. How embarrassing. "Sorry." I instantly let go of Trixie and straighten up. I must really be a burden. I wonder how long it will take until they leave me.

Wow, I'm being a total emo right now. But I guess it's only right for someone as much as a burden as I am.

"Here's an idea." Nhicola finally spoke up. "Why don't we put this whole mess behind us, and just go visit Demeter tonight?" She finished with a tired breath. "Surely she hasn't gone that far crazy." She sounded unsure too.

"I suppose..." Trixie pinched her nose and sighed. "I guess visiting her would get my mind off certain people."

Man, she must really hate Rosanne now.

"Then its settled. After classes, we go visit her."

...

I don't know why, but I feel... scared. Is it because Demeter went off the deep end? Then again, she is a bit more level-headed than Olivia. But I don't think that's why I'm scared.

We quietly made our way to her room. And just as I saw the door, I saw something else. Someone else. More than one person...else.

3 boys.

They don't notice us right away but as soon as I stopped, one of them did.

"Sky, what's wro--"

The tallest of the boys stopped midway and stared for a while until he looked away in a shy manner.

So he's the shy type, huh?

That's actually kind of amusing.

"Trixie and Nhicola! Nice to see you two again!" The middle one and the same one that first noticed us exclaimed. "How's it going? Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Hi... Sky..." Nhicola greets.

Who are these bastards?! And how does Nhicola and Trixie know them?

"Hey... Sky. Look, we'd love to chat and catch up, but I'm not in the best of moods right now. So we're just going to visit our friend, and leave." Just by the tone in Trixie's voice you could tell she's not in a good mood.

"What a coincidence! Me and my friends are here to visit a friend too! Oh wait, I don't think you guys have met yet." He then moves around behind the two other guys who were just standing there. "This guy here is Jeff." He pointed to the tallest one. "And this one is Greg." Obviously the last one.

"... Hi." The two sounded so shy, even from just saying hi.

"Sorry if these guys are a bit shy. But they'll open up once you get to know them!" Sky must really be the cheerful one among the group.

Trixie waved them all off. "Yeah, yeah. Nice to meet you and so on and so forth. Now if you don't mind, we'd like to be on our way because we're sort of on a schedule here."

Is Trixie getting sassier, or is it just me?

"Oh yeah! We can't keep Demeter waiting long for us, can we guys?"

"Wait... Demeter?" I spoke. I said that before I could stop myself.

Now everyone is looking at me. I don't mind Nhicola and Trixie's stares, but I mind those three's stares! Stop looking at me-actually they're all really tall-stop staring down at me and I mean it literally!