Chapter 16: Accusations

Nhicola

A scream shot through the air. I realized that scream was mine. I screamed and gasped as I saw blood dripping. Blood was dripping from the man's stomach, and blood was on my hands too.

So much blood.... so much...

"Nhicola!"

Demeter's voice snapped me out of my trance. She leaned on my shoulder. I could hear her breathing heavily, sweat was dripping down her forehead as well. I saw blood on the side of her neck and some on her left shoulder.

"Demi... you're bleeding..!"

"We need to get out of here!" She shouted, gasping between her words as the blood on her shoulder dripped onto the floor.

"But you're blee--"

"There's no time!" She took my wrist and started limping her way. "We need... to get out. "

"But the guy--" I couldn't continue my sentence as Demeter forcefully pulled me along.

We ran, or jogged as best we could. We didn't see the man run after us. Demi said the guy was smart enough to know not to chase us, as he would attract too much attention.

Demi said to head through the back door as there were no cameras there, and we could easily slip past through the other cameras by going through the back ways.

I followed all her orders, helping her move with the injured shoulder. I didn't have anything on me that could at least stop the blood. I guess I should have anticipated even the slightest bit of blood and brought along a handkerchief at least.

But no, I'm the girl who's only good at memorizing and has little logic. I wouldn't have known.

I tried to ignore all the blood. It was really hard. With blood on my hands, and blood on Demeter's side, there just was so much blood.

She tried to stop the blood from dripping more by covering it with the clothes of her... shoulder part... thingy.

It at least did enough to cover our trail.

We contemplated on where to go, a teacher, a staff member, or one of our friends.

"What time is it?" Demi asked.

"I don't know... but it should be a little after eight-thirty by now... I think." Those were all based on  assumptions. I remember I left at eight o' clock sharp, so I should be somewhere close. I hope.

"Then we have to get to the dorms before nine, or we'll get locked out and they'll find us." She said everything with pain, as if it was difficult enough to talk.

"So the dorms?" I asked, unsure.

"No, hell! Of course the dorms!"

It took us some time to get there and I doubted we'd make it. But just when I thought we'd been locked out, I see someone very familiar just chilling at the back of the dorms.

"RB, what are you doing here?" I asked as Richard turned to look at us with that familiar sinister smile.

"Hello my fabus! How are you Nhicola? It's been a long time since all three of us hang out."

"I know it's been a long time..." I replied, exasperated. "But we had little time to hang out you know, with all the murders."

He laughed. "Oh that? Like my handiwork?" He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I am bleeding and you guys are casually talking!" Demeter shouted, but not too loud.

"Oh right. RB, can you help me patch up Demeter?"