Chapter 2: Turbulent

“WHO CARES ABOUT THAT BITCH ANYWAY?!” Maryl screamed at us.

“Language, Maryl.” Trixie scolded. She just rolled her eyes.

She didn’t say anything when Olivia cursed.

“Yeah, who cares anyway?” Olivia brushed off Trixie’s comment.

“You just repeated what I said!” Maryl deadpanned.

“What’s wrong with that? In the name of bananas, can you just stop shouting?” Olivia asked, exasperated.

“Wait, are you making me hungry?” Maryl asked, her arms crossed.

“Yes.” Olivia answered, glaring at her.

Is food really that important?

They’re debating whether or not to find out if they should get involved or not.

I say they should stay out if they want to live.

Can’t they just stop it? Silence is a good thing, you know? And I’m not just referring to the voices. Then again, I can’t remember a day when this place is ever quiet or silent. Before one of them can answer or start another shouting contest, Nhicola butted in. Thank goodness. Ugh…

“This is pointless.”

“I know. That’s the point.” Trixie agreed, shaking her head.

“You know what? You have a point.” Maryl finally surrendered.

 “Wait, I don’t get the point of this. Why would we investigate her death? We’re not even that close.” Olivia reasoned out.

“What? I thought Nhicola said this is pointless.” Trixie stared at us, confused as I am.

“What’s the point of standing here if we don’t do anything about it? Maryl asked.

“But I thought you said it was… wait, I don’t understand this anymore.” I crossed my arms.

“I told you, it’s pointless.” Nhicola smirked.

“That’s the point.” I said.

After that useless conversation, we decided that it was best if we stayed out of Lekasha’s death and just let the staff handle it and let them figure out who did it. After a few more ‘classes’ the bell finally rang, signaling the end of school. We have dorms right behind the school so it would be convenient for the staff to make sure no one tries to escape.

The way… no, the atmosphere… it always felt so miserable.

The dorm on the right was the girls’ dorm, while the one on the left was obviously the boys’ dorm. Even though both are boringly bleakish gray, there are obvious signs of differences.

I turned to my left and heard someone crying. Although… it’s not anything new. I would’ve just ignored it, but it’s one of my classmates, Adelaide or Adie, as we prefer to call her. Yeah, we have to go with our preferences or else… you know what I mean.

“WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE WORLD?! WHO DID IT?! I WANT TO KNOW! WHOEVER DID IT DESERVES TO DIE AND BUUUUUUUUUUUURRRN!!!”

Although it was never said, Adie and Lekasha were best friends. Though I have no idea how Adie could stay best friends with an annoying girl like Lekasha. But I guess the reason why she’s so annoying is because she has depersonalization disorder. The two were quite close, and Lekasha often had lunch with Adie.

Adie has panic disorder. Her episodes come at much unexpected times, making it very difficult for her to have reassurance of a safe place. Though I expected her to act like this, I didn’t expect her to have a panic attack here.