Chapter: 16

© Stephanie Stewart | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 2015

___________________________________________

I am so sorry, it's been awhile. I developed  a horrible rash, and I have been battling it.

Plus, trying to find a job.. It's been crazy! BUT here is an update!! :)

Follow my Twitter: ScGirl2011

_____________________________________________________

Chapter: 16

Allison Petterson

So the doctor's office was able to get me in today. Dr. Thomas luckily could see me. She is the one who dealt with my first pregnancy. I was so nervous. I just hope this test was truthful. I don't know what I would do if I found out it was a false positive.

I scanned through my Facebook as I sat there waiting. I am so bored and anxious. I just cannot handle a false positive.

"Allison Petterson." I heard the nurse call out.

I sighed in relief, finally...  I hoisted myself off of the chair and made my way into the back.  "Hey Mrs. How are you?" The nurse asked.

"I am fine. What about you?" I smiled politely back at the nurse.

"I am doing well. What did you need to see us for today?" She said looking over my chart.

"I believe that I am pregnant." I told her.

She smiled. "You have twins that are 5 now right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. I do." I smiled at the thought of my lovely children.

"Let us get you checked up then." She told me.

I ended up getting weighed, blood pressure taken, blood drawn, and I had to pee in a cup. After I did all of that, they took me back to a room. Dr. Thomas was in the room, not far after I got put into the room. "Hey Alli! How are you?" She smiled happily.

"I am fine. I am hoping that I'm pregnant." I said hopefully.

"Let me see if your results are in." She said as she made her way out of the room.

"Please..." I said as I squeezed my eyes shut, and prayed.

I heard her come back into the room. "Hey sweetie, I have your results."

I didn't want to look at her. I was too scared too. If I'm not this will break me.. "You are pregnant my dear."

I looked up and my breath caught. "I aa-am.." I stammered out.

"Let's check you out then." She urged for me to lay down. I couldn't even believe it. Finally after so many negative tests, and this one that came out positive was for real. I laid down and lifted up my shirt. I watched as she squeezed the gel onto my tummy. The gel was defiantly cold. She took the wand and rubbed the gel into the stomach. I watched as the screen lit up. There it is. There is my baby.

"It looks like you are about 6 weeks my dear." She told me.

I sighed happily. Tears began to fall from my eyes. "Your baby is healthy, don't worry."

"I have just had the hardest time trying to conceive for the past few months, and it just hasn't been taking. I was beginning to think that I was going to end up not being able to have another one." I said sadly.

"You are defiantly expecting. So start prenatal s, and here is a list of what's safe to eat and what is not." She said handing me the stuff.

"Thank you." I told her and she gave me the rag to wipe off my belly. I grabbed the towel and wiped off the sticky gel.

I got up and grabbed my purse. I put the paper and the pictures of the baby into my bag.

"I will need to see you back at in about a month or so." She told me.

"Yes ma'am." I said as I made my way out of the office. What to do now? Gosh I am so happy.

I made my way towards my car. I was just super happy. I decided that I was going to go tell my mom. I drove to her office. Luckily she was at work and not busy. "Hey mom." I smiled happily at her.

"Hey dear. What do I owe a visit from my lovely daughter for?" She said studying me.

"Well, I have some good news." I said happily.

"Well, what is it?" She said pulling her glasses off her eyes.

I dug the photos out of my bag and handed them to her. Her eyes widened as she scanned the photo. "OH MY GOD!!!" She squealed.

She got up and hugged me tightly. "I am so happy for you baby."

"I didn't know if I was going to be able to have another baby or not. We've been trying, but nothing has been taking." I told her as she let me go.

"It takes time sometimes dear." She put her hands on the side of my face and smiled.

"Yeah I know. Maybe God wasn't ready for you to have another baby until now."  She told me. She released my face and grabbed my hands.

I smiled and squeezed her hands. "How is Alex and Lexi?"

"Doing well. You know they eloped after they got engaged and never told us." She had that mad look on her face.

"What the heck?" I said aloud. This really made me mad. Why wouldn't they tell us? Heck!

"I don't get why they done that." I sighed.

"I just found out about that today, but your news brightened my day." She touched my belly.

I smiled. "I can't wait."

"Me either, I will have another grandchild to spoil rotten." She grinned.

My two already are spoiled rotten when they go to Mamaw's and Papaw's house. They call Nathan's mom Nene.

"They are spoiled rotten by their grandparents that is for sure." I told her in an accusing tone.

She just smirked and said, "Nah!"

"Well, I am going to go. Got to get Holland and Drew from school." I told her.

"Go get my babies." She grinned.

I kissed her cheek and said, "I'll see you later."

"Be careful dear." She said as I walked out.

I made my way to my car. I just wonder how the kids will react later about having a sibling. I have to tell Nathan first. We are having another baby.  I hope we are ready for this.

__________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know. I need more feedback.

-Steph

_______________________________________________________