Learning, Hunting, and Fighting Skills

Kitty stiffened as Brackenfur cast her an unreadable glare. He looked at her for what seemed like a lifetime before he spoke.

"I see you haven't brought back any prey." Brackenfur meowed. "Where were you?"

"I-I was hunting, but I didn't find any...thing" Seriously, Kitty?! He's not going to buy that!

Brackenfur gave Kitty a skeptical look.

"Not too sure that I believe you, we should talk to Graystripe about it." Brackenfur replied. Kitty looked down in shame and followed her mentor to the leader's den.

"Yes, Brackenfur?" Graystripe asked, his eyes on Kitty.

"Softpaw left without permission and claims that she went hunting and couldn't find anything, but she doesn't even know how to hunt properly yet, do you?" Brackenfur growled.

Kitty trembled and looked at Graystripe.

"Maybe that's why she went to hunt, she's probably just dying to learn from you, Brackenfur, show some respect!" Kitty was surprised by how harsh Graystripe sounded towards her mentor.

Brackenfur was about to respond when Cinderpelt burst into the den.

"NO!" Cinderpelt yowled. "I refuse to let this slide!"

Kitty yelped as Cinderpelt thwacked her face with a single paw. Cinderpelt's fur was bristling.

"She's not meant to be a warrior! Graystripe, she's not loyal! She must be a spy!" Cinderpelt hissed.

"Do you really think so?" Brackenfur asked, narrowing his eyes at Kitty.

"Don't answer that, medicine cat." Graystripe sneered. "She's just as loyal as any other apprentice! Brackenfur, take her to the Sandy Hollow for training with Sorrelpaw and Rainpaw."

Brackenfur leaded Kitty silently to the Sandy Hollow. Kitty noticed Sorrelpaw, Rainpaw, and their mentors in the Sandy Hollow.

"Now, Rainpaw, all you need to do is dodge Sorrelpaw's blows, if you strike, you'll expose yourself!" Cloudtail snapped.

Rainpaw ignored Cloudtail and struck a paw towards Sorrelpaw. She swung the other direction and slammed into Rainpaw's shoulder.

"Mouse-brain!" Cloudtail hissed, "Listen to me! Dodge!"

"Hello Brackenfur, are you here to train the new apprentice?" Dustpelt asked.

"Yea" Brackenfur replied, "Softpaw, all you need to-"

ROOOOOOWWWWWRRRR!

"What in StarClan's name?!" Cloudtail gasped.

"That sounded like Cinderpelt!" Dustpelt gasped. "Over there!"

Kitty gasped, pointing to outside the ravine. Kitty, Brackenfur, Dustpelt, and Cloudtail ran out the ravine and ran towards Snackrocks, Kitty gasped.

Cinderpelt's eyes were bleeding.

Kitty ran up to Cinderpelt and spotted a slash mark from ear to ear, going through her eyes.

Graystripe was standing over her.

"She must've gotten attacked by a fox." Graystripe said emotionlessly. "Let's take her to the RiverClan medicine cat and hope he can help."

I guess he needs to stay calm at all times. Kitty looked down at Cinderpelt, who was still yelling for her life.

"Dustpelt, Cloudtail, carry Cinderpelt. Brackenfur and Softpaw, head back to ThunderClan." Graystripe said, he looked at Softpaw, compassion in his eyes.