Doc

Jenni's POV

Later that week, Marty told me that he wanted me to meet his friend Doc. I agreed. I want to meet who he talks about so much. He talks about Doc more than he does Jenifer. But then again, he could be doing that for my sake.

I get into his truck when he pulls into the driveway. I wore the pants and the shoes that he gave me over the weekend with a tshirt. Yeah, I'm lazy today. I'm glad I don't have to impress him with fancy clothes to get his attention.

When I'm seated, I turn to his direction. I smile softly at him. Marty looks at me and smiles back. "Hey." I start off the conversation. "Hey to you too." He laughs. "Ready to meet Doc?" He asks as he backs out of the driveway. I snicker. "As ready as I'll ever be." I catch him shaking his head at me. After that, Marty turns up the radio a little. A song and a half later, he turns it down. I look at him confused. "What's up Marty, something wrong?" He shakes his head. "No, no. Nothing's wrong. I just feel like I should tell you something first before you meet Doc." I try to figure it out myself, but nothing comes to mind. It can't be that bad can it?

Marty takes a deep breath and sighs. He's acting as if he's afraid to tell me. Afraid that if he tells me I'll call him crazy and run away. I don't want to do that to him. Whatever it is I'll believe him. He hesitates before speaking. "Uh Doc, he's a, he's a little crazy like I've told you before, but um he's really smart too. What I'm trying to say is that he built a time machine out of his car." He explains the best he can. I look at him a little strange. I'm more shocked than anything.

Wow, I didn't know that was possible. But how true is it? I know what I said to myself, but how can I believe him? I need proof. "What's something you can tell me about the future?" I ask before he can say the ol' "You don't believe me do you?" He thinks as we pull into a neighborhood. This must be where Doc lives. "There's going to be Nike shoes that lace themselves and hover boards too. I had to give the hover board back because I borrowed it from someone, but Doc let me keep the shoes so they're hidden in my room in the closet. But you can't tell anyone." He emphasises the last part. I look at him and a big grin spreads across my face. Wow, the future sounds like it's going to be great. "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone. Besides, even if I did no one would believe me and think that I was crazy." I smiled, adding a little humor to lighten him up.

The look on his face relaxes. He must have been worried about my response more than being able to tell me. I don't blame him. I wouldn't know how to explain anything like that to anyone. I'm glad he trusts me like that.

Shortly after our conversation, we drove into Doc's driveway. "Well, here we are." Marty announced, shutting off the truck. "So this is Doc's." I say with a nod of my head. "Yep, the one and only. At least I hope so." He mutters the last bit, but I still heard him. Oh Marty. "I'm sure he's fine." I laugh, hopping out of the truck. He cheekily smiles. Marty knocks on the door again like last time. This time, an elderly man opens up the door instead of the lovely old woman from before. "Marty my boy!" The man who I assume is Doc shouts. He walks quickly over to Marty and gives him a quick squeeze. "Ooff, Doc you're squeezing me too tight." Marty says when the hug becomes a little unbearable. "Oh, sorry, sorry." He says releasing Marty from his grasp. "So how've you been, anything strange been happening lately?" Doc questions him mysterious like. "No, no Doc. Everything's been fine." Marty reassures him. "Now, who do we have here?" Doc looks over to me and smiles wide. Okay?

I have a feeling that he already knows about me from Marty. "You must be the girl that Marty told me about." I nervously nod my head. "I guess so." Doc seems like he wants to say something else, but doesn't. Instead he just tells me it's nice to finally meet me. Doc tells me about some of the experiments he's done. The one that he doesn't tell me about is time travel. I guess he doesn't think I'm ready to know about that yet. That's okay. He can tell me when he's ready and willing.

The visit with Doc was actually pretty nice. I'm glad Marty took me to meet him. I love him being in my life. I never want to lose Marty.

A/N: This is a pretty short chapter compared to the other ones before it, but I hope you guys like it anyways.