Chapter 2

A/N: let's see if u knew what was gunna happen. And sorry for mistakes ❤

We walk into the building, there's classic music playing. It's drowned out by all the talking. We wait for a hoist to take us to are table. Finally after about ten minutes we are seated

"Hello my name is Becky and I'll be your waitress for today," she says with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Well hello to you to Becky," Jack says to her.

Her eyes are mostly on Jake now and that fake smile has turned to a real one. I clench my fists under the table. I can't stand girls like that. How they ogle and drool over someone else's date. I glare at the back of her head, but soon stop when Jake notices it. He chuckles which causes the glare to be in his direction. He immediately stops, and orders a soda for himself.

"What would you like to drink," Becky asks still smiling at Jack.

"I'll have sweet tea," I say still shooting daggers at her.

"Okay I'll be back with y'all's drinks'" she says while walking away.

"Well someone seems jealous," Jack laughs.

"I'm not jealous I just hate girls that do that to someone's date. Its not right," I say to him.

"Okay well don't worry I'm here with you ok," he says while taking my hand in his.

I try to hide my blush behind the menu. I know I started turning more red when I heard him laugh at my attempt to hide. Any ways I look at the menu trying to find something to eat. While reading the menu I'm glade I ate something before the date in my run. Because I know with the size of the meals here I still would have been hungry. Well for a human this would be a lot, but to my wolf half this was no where near close to filling me up.

I decide I'll get the eight ounce steak with the side of a chicken salad. I look up when Becky comes back with are drinks. She's still only staring at Jack.

"Okay here are your drinks. So are you ready to order?" She asks.

"I'll have the sea food plate with a baked potato please," he says to her.

I try to hide my confusion. A potato with sea food? That's weird oh well he can eat what ever he wants. I'm ready to tell Becky my order but, she keeps staring at Jack. I try to get her attention. When she finally peels her attention from him I give her my order.

"Okay I'll be back with your food in a bit. Do you need anything else?" She asks back to looking at Jack.

"No that will be all, thank you" he tells her.

She walks away to place are orders. I notice he's looking at me.

"What!?," I hiss at him.

"Hahaha. Wow Nikki you really hate her hug?"

"You would to if it were a guy doing that to me," I reply to him crossing my arms.

"Yeah you're right. I would too if a guy was starting at you," he says with sorry written in his eyes.

"Okay well... umm ... how was your day?" I ask him trying to lighten the mood.

"My day was good, but now my day just got a whole lot better," he says with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Hey you big flirt," I laugh. He laughs too.

Becky came back with are food,after staring and trying to flirt with Jack. She finally left, we started to eat are food and we kept talking. We almost couldn't eat, because at one point we just couldn't stop laughing. He was telling me the story of how one of are professors was late to his class. He was running so fast that he tripped and all the books and pappers went flying everywhere. Afer we finally stoped laughing, and finished are meal. Jack payed the bill, and we left. Once we left my wolf was a lot less tense. I was trying to sooth her during the ride home saying nothing happened so we're fine.

"I know you feel that way, but I know something was wrong with that place I don't want us to go there again ok." Okay is all I tell her, because Jack has parked in the parking lot and has opened my door for me. I get out and we walk to my apartment door. We just stand there for a while, until Jack puts his hand on my face. He then puts his lips against mine, I start to kiss him back. Soon are kisses start getting more intense. With his other hand starts sliding down my back. I let a moan excapt from my lips when his fingers slide a little under my shirt. We break apart so I can unlock my door.

As soon as we are in my apartment and with the door shut. He pushes me againts the door. We start kissing again, and this time he doesn't hesitate to put his hand up my shirt. He starts to unbutton my shirt.

"Dont let him touch us! He's not are mate we have to save are selves for are mate! Get him off!If you don't I will try to shift and I'll get him off of us!!"

I froze with the fierce way my wolf was speaking to me. A mate? What was she talking about? I was still froozen in pace until Jack asked me if I was ok?

"Yeah I'm ok, but I'm sorry Jack I can't do this," I tell him holding my wolf back.

"Oh... umm... okay... I guess I'll go then," he says clearly hurt. He steps around me and leaves. Before closing the door he tell me good night.

"Night Jake. I'm sor...," I didn't get to say sorry, because he already shut the door.

"What the hell was that?!" I yell at my wolf.

She just curtly says " He isn't are mate,".

"What is a mate?!" I'm still yelling at her. She doesn't answer me. Great now I can't date people, because of my wolf.

"You can date, just they can't touch us. Only are mate can," she growls at me.

I just ignore her. I couldn't have one night, just one night of fun. I growl to her. She try's to sooth me, saying we will have are mate soon I just know it. That's weird she sounds like she's yearning for someone. Yet I still don't know what she means by mate.