9. Punjab

"Its so hot!" Chloe fanned herself with a magazine.

"Its a lot hotter in punjab but thats what makes it so great!" Rahul said.

"Uh huh tell that to my sun burn." Abby said rolling her eyes.

Again we were immersed into the busy hustle bustle of india, it was weirdly wonderful. The aroma of sweets and colour in the streets excited me to find out more.

"We are here to see one of India's greatest worship places. The Golden Temple." Rahul explained

The golden temple was a sikh place of worship, but anyone was welcome there. Indians and tourists flocked to visit the site from all over, it was almost a pilgrimage for some. I had seen many pictures of this 'gurduwara' (a sikh place of worship) it was a magnificent monument. My nerdy historian side was buzzed to see this.

"Its huge!" Abby says.

"Voices down this is a place of worship." Rahul says, Abby pipes down immediately.

We go in and enter a huge prayer room where men and women are sitting and man is sitting in front of the silh holy book. We all bow down donate spare change and sit down listening to the prayers. A man comes round giving everyone a honey smelling substance which tastes divine, its called prashad holy food. Everyone was a volunteer, cleaning, cooking and maintaining the golden temple, a really devoted atmospere.

We came outside and took many instagram worthy shots of the temple and some cheeky selfies too, the huge pool by the temple was holy water. Rahul sprinkled some over our heads, I prayed that this trip would never end.

After our visit, we went shopping again. But to us boys delight we got toe experience some real indian food in a punjabi restaurant, I had the best food ever. The dishes were unbelievable, we even braved the mosquitos outside on satin tables under the moonlight.

However, when Sam got home he ran to the toilet and went into a phase of full blown diarrohea.

Charming I know.

Lets just say no one went to the bathroom that night.

Rahul just chuckled and said "Now you have truly experienced India!"

I was just glad my stomach had cooperated with me tonight.

--------

So what do you think?

Unexpected ending to the chapter hahaa!!

But its true it always happens!

Comment and vote!

-crazy10