12. Determination

"Dude c'mon stop." Sam said.

"No." I grunted.

"What is the point of leaving? Just three more days man!" Kian said.
"I can't do this anymore guys, I'm sorry." I say, I continue packing.

"This was OUR trip! The last hoorah and you are going to let some girl mess with you Jay?" Sam said appalled.

"She isn't just some girl, Sam." I slam my suitcase shut.

Sam sighed, "I know she hurt you bro, and thats shit man. But we came here as the three musketeers. We've been your friends for years now and we all want to remember the trip for the good times." Sam patted me on the shoulder, I plopped on the bed.

"Yeah man, don't let Kareena faze you man. You have us, we can still enjoy it, so she did a shitty thing. But bro you were never looking to have a girl, so why let it mess you up now?" Kian pointed out.

He had a point.

"Stay. If not for yourself, for us. Don't end the trip this way. I know you will regret it." Sam continued.

I huffed out with frustration. "You guys are fucking annoying." I deadpan.

"So you'll stay?" Kian asked. I nod slowly.

"WOOOO! Now lets get some good food bruh!" Sam yells fist pounding Kian.

Idiots.
But they made me smile.

They always had my back.

And they were right, why should I ruin my trip? I was here with my two best friends and I was going to enjoy it.

The boys hustled out of the room in chatter.

"Guys." They continued trying to mock fight each other. I sighed.

Idiots.

"Guys!" I yell.
The boys froze in weird kung fu poses it was almost comical.

"Thanks." I say solemnly.

"For what?" Kian says slowly going back to a normal standing position.

"For making me stay, you guys are good friends." I smile.

"Glad to be of service Jay." Sam slaps my back a little too hard making me wince.

The day in the end wasn't all that bad, we ended up going to a little restaurant which was an all vegetarian restaurant, but had so many good dishes.

Abby loved it.

Yeah we went to dinner with the girls.  Everything was normal, apart from the quietness between Kar and I, but my friends kept me busy and Kar's friend kept her happy.

Conclusion?

We had awesome friends.

The next day we roamed around Calcutta seeing historic buildings and visiting markets. It was an interesting day and I managed to buy my mother an indian sari, and I got my dad a cricket team Tshirt. He really respected the indian cricket team.

I ended up buying indian history books, tinned indian treats, pickles and spices and my own Indian cricket team shirt.

Kian ended up buying a ridiculous amount of spice and so much stationary, it was ridiculous, but t was dirt cheap. I never saw someone get so excited over a bendy ruler. He kept repeating "They have everything here!"

Nerd.

Sam bought a shit load of shawls, god knows why. First he bought these beautiful shawls for his family and then he claimed that Gandhi was a 'shawl wearer' and wanted to feel the earth like Gandhi. It seems the heat had fried his brain too.

From what I gather, the girls stocked up on bangles, indian attire and shoes. I just knew their bags were stuffed with colourful items.

I was enjoying myself again, except there was this small hole, that kept me back.

Kareena.

It just felt odd not talking to her and acting like she was air.

I could tell sometimes she wanted to say something to me and then just chickened out.

Tomorrow, we were heading to our final stop.

Goa.

The land of beaches.

I was excited.

But at the same time, I felt empty.

Maybe I had to talk to Kar.

To leave this trip in a way that isn't empty.

.....

Sorry.

Okay do not kill me!

It has been months i know.

But i literally was running out of inspiration and then it hit me booom!

So hopefully i cam continue this story!

Plz comment and vote!

It makes my day!

-crazy10