"She Is Mine." - Chapter 15.

C H A P T E R 1 5

I expected myself to scream and shut the door in his face or politely smile and then, shut the door in his face. But, neither happened. I saw his messed up hair sticking in unusual places and he looked like he just escaped from a maniac killer chase or something like that. He had dark circles under his eyes and he was dressed in grey joggers and a tight black shirt. He was heavily breathing but then also managing to crack a half smile at me. The bouquet of daisies in his hands gave out an amazing scent that wafts in the air.

It felt as time froze and there was only two of us in the entire building. All of a sudden, the hallway was filled with an eerie silence. I couldn't move no matter how much I longed to, I didn't know why. Either it was because I was too shocked at Zack's presence or that he saw me in my worst form. My messy bun wasn't quite exactly a bun anymore as the rubber band couldn't hold my hair and I was only wearing a tank top and my three quarter pajama pants that had Minnie Mouse imprinted on it. What? It was comfortable for me.

It was as if I didn't allow myself to speak as I stood there, gaping, my grip on the doorknob tightening by the second. Oh someone, please save me from this oh' so awkward yet horrifying time. As if on cue, Zack bit his lip and opened up his mouth to speak. "Can we talk? Courtyard, in ten?" He suggests as I scoff and tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. Just half an hour go, he ditched me at the library and now here he is, asking me to meet him at the park in ten minutes?

"Oh sorry, I'm afraid so I can't. Apparently, it's too hard for someone to come to the library just now so I think meeting at the courtyard is a bad idea. Moreover, even meeting." He hung his head low, avoiding my gaze. "Please? Give me 5 minutes to explain later. Allison, please." I bit my lip. My brain told me not to go because there was a 99.9% chance the library incident was going to happen again. But my idiotic heart told me to go. And like always, I followed my heart.

"I'll meet you at the courtyard in ten."

~~~

I brought my hair up into a tight ponytail, pulling strands of hair out to make it a bit messier. One thing I despised the most, was being neat. I stared at the promise bracelet H gave me and right there, I felt like having another one of my mental breakdowns. But I refrained from doing so and ripped out the promise bracelet from my hand, the beads flying everywhere across the room. I picked it up and grudgingly threw it into the waste paper basket. I didn't need it anymore, I've moved on. Erasing all the happy memories along with the promise bracelet into the dustbin, I left for the courtyard.

~~~

I handed Doris, the lady at the reception, my room key and walked out of the dorm block into the hot, humid air. The sunlight shone onto the fountain where Zack was sitting, the sunlight making his flawless skin glisten under the sun. I swear, even though Zack's a boy, he has the best complexion I've ever seen.

"Hey." I smile as he stands up, greeting me. "I'm only giving you five minutes. Five minutes only." He nods. "That's all the time I need. Look, Allison. I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry. I really didn't mean to leave you alone at the library just now. I had things to do." I scoff, almost laughing at his choice of words. "Things?" I stand up and forced myself not to burst out in tears right in the middle of campus. "Your 5 minutes are up." I spat bitterly and walked back up the marble steps, glancing behind every one second to see if Zack was still there.

He had such a shocked expression on his face as he sat there by the fountain. I sigh and step in the breezy area and to the reception. Boys are all the same. They never give a crap about you in the end. I felt my heart crumbling as I grabbed my keys from the counter and pressed the up button on the lift. The lift gave out a soft 'ding' as the doors opened, I stepped inside and pressed the 2nd floor.

The doors closed just as a foot stuck in between the two elevator doors. It opened up back again and Zack stood there, breathing heavily. "Zack." I muttered, gasping at his sudden increase in strength. He opened up his mouth to speak several times but nothing ever came out. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it." he repeated, on the verge of tears.

"What makes you think that I'll think you're different?" I asked, gulping. "Because unlike any other boys," he stepped closer to me, the elevator doors closing behind him as he grabs me by the shoulders. I felt his breath tingling on my neck as our breaths stuck onto each other. The elevator was silent as it went up to the 2nd floor and all you could hear was the sound of us breathing. He took a deep breath and embraced me into a warm hug.

"I love you."

E P I G R A P H

"When I look you, I can feel it.

I look at you, and I'm home."

- Finding Nemo.

G O A L

1,000 reads.

-

10 more reads.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

hello everyone! i'm 10 more reads until 1K yas! so once i publish this, i'll probs get to 1K so yay! anyways, this thursday i'm returning to my hometown- my dad's side -yay! and i'm finally getting to meet my baby cousin if he's there again in like 1 and a half year, yayay!

so i won't be active but eh, i'm rarely active on wattpad. tbh, wait i actually am active on wattpad. i'm just always too lazy to write or i'm on writer's block. anyways, i'm changing my chapter format so i hope you'll like the new chapter format!

ilyasm, byeeee!

~ Elsa xx