Lost and found

Buddy was a massive help to me through the harder days. When I wasn't at school, he'd be my best friend and when I woke up crying or screaming from nightmares he would always be lying at the foot of my bed, ready to comfort me with a hug or a wet, sloppy lick. When I had nothing to do at weekends, resulting to me thinking about that night even more, Buddy was there ready to play outside, or go for a walk in the local park. I loved him.
Once, I woke up from a nightmare about the same man finding my phone number and calling me. When I woke up my phone was ringing the suspense tone I set for unknown numbers. My heart pounded and I started to panic.
As if my phone could hear me, I sat up and held my breath, not moving at all.
Slowly, I got up to see my phone and let it switch to answer phone. Buddy growled as a deep, crackling voice could be heard, "Hello, Georgia. I know you're there, all you need to do is pick up the phone. There will be consequences."

The next day I replayed the message to my parents and I could see the look of worry on their faces.
"Georgia please leave your phone with us and go to school. This is serious. Don't tell anyone about what has happened and come straight home after school. I don't want to worry you but please, I don't know how this man has your phone number and we need to find out." My heart was pounding and I sprinted to school. The whole day I couldn't concentrate and my friends and teachers were worried.
"Georgia are you sure everything's ok?" Miss Greene asked me at the end of the day. I remembered my dad's promise to go straight home so tried to end the conversation quickly, "everything is fine miss don't worry!" I said, running off. I could hear her call after me but I ignored her, just sprinted until I found myself in the safety of my own home. I thought he was lost, but now I am found.