'I was in a coma, like you'

When Ben came home from the hospital, I spent every last second of spare time I had helping him adjust back to life. He was just like me, only I had no one to help me, no one that understood. I felt like an outsider, and I was not going to let my brother feel like that too.
One day we were chatting about school. Ben was really worried about going back to school as it was his first day tomorrow. I found that with Ben, and probably most people, the was to make him feel better was to show him that he was not alone, that someone knew what it was like, what he was going through. His head was staring almost fierce fully at the floor and I tried the magic words, the ones that got him out of the coma and awake to see the world again.
"I was in a coma, like you."
He slowly looked up, obviously remembering the time I said those same words in the hospital. His eyes were red and tired but he looked calmer than before, more comforted. I was glad. Those magic words meant loads to him and right them, they meant the world to me.

--------------------------
Hi! Sorry I haven't written in ages and that this is such a short chapter! I wasn't sure what else to put in it, and I have been writing my other books and haven't had much time because of homework!

Please read my other books, The Castle From Far Far Away, The Particular Problems With Parents: a Christmas crisis, and Eve. Thanks!

*Like~comment~follow*
Lolly43