Tell me

A few weeks after that happened, we were driving through the same country lanes as the ones we were driving on New Years Eve. I was scared. I didn't know why, we weren't going to break down or anything. It was just the memory of it. The truth. I didn't want to remember what happened with so much detail I know what the blackberries In the hedge look like. I didn't.
As we drove past there was a lamp post, an old one like the one in Narnia, with beautiful flowers placed delicately all around and on it. An idea came into my head. Could they be for us? For me? But I shook off the thought. This sounds like a horrible thought, but, nobody died, did they? Usually people put flowers when someone's died. It must have been for someone else.

The following week, when I got back from school Kezia was there and my parents were nowhere to be seen.
"Hi Kezia! Hello Buddy!" I called, as Buddy ran up to be and licked me all over. "Where are mum and dad?" I asked her. Her face told me she was trying to think of an answer, one that didn't give any information away.
"You dad needed your mum's help with... um..... some work." Kezia looked really pleased with herself but I was not impressed. I decided not to say anything though, and find out for myself. When my parents got home, I asked them where they went.
"Don't worry, Georgia. It's nothing serious, just a bit of shopping we forgot to do." I knew he was lying.
"Dad, Kezia told me you had work and mum's crying." He muttered an excuse I couldn't hear and went upstairs with my sobbing mum. I was so frustrated, why couldn't they tell me? I had the right to know. They've hardly been telling me anything recently, ever since I came out of a coma. I was confused, do they think I can't cope? I asked myself, well I can, and I'll prove it. Then I remembered something else they hadn't told me. What the man took from the car. Maybe that was something to do with it. I ran upstairs.
"Mum, Dad, I need to know what the man took and where you have been. I have a right to know, after all, they must be linked and I was part of that night so I should be allowed to know." It seemed to have worked.
"We're sorry, Georgia. We thought you couldn't cope, but obviously you can, and you are right, you have a right to know." Finally I thought and sat down on their bed. My mum couldn't stop sobbing and I was soon to find out why.
"You cannot remember, because of the coma, but you had a brother before the incident. That was what the man took. The flowers on the lamp post were for him. That's what we were doing. Putting more flowers on it. We're sorry we didn't tell you. We are trying to find the man as we don't know if your brother is alive or not. When he left he told us he would be back for you so when you told us he had your phone number, we were scared, we want to protect you, but we don't know how. Please forgive us for not telling you."
All of my anger melted away. I had a brother? I could remember him now. Short black hair and brown eyes. His name was Ben. I suddenly felt really dizzy and my head began to spin. My vision was blurry and I felt sick and horrible. Vomiting all over my parent's bedroom, I fell backwards, unconscious, hitting my head on the corner of the wardrobe, enough to for my head to start bleeding severely, and lying, sprawled out all over the floor in my vomit and blood.