6

I woke up later that night, sweaty and terrified. I had a nightmare, all I could see was Phil being stabbed repeatedly, he seemed lifeless, but he was just talking to his murderer. It was Joey, his bloody smile dripping onto Phil's face as he talked to him. Joey would say things like, "Why are you talking to Dan? He's a dumb faggot." And Phil would laugh and stare at me smugly, "I don't know, I hate that fag." I would try to move or speak, but I couldn't. I was tied up in a chair with my mouth covered with something, I couldn't make a sound. Then my mother came in with Phil's father. They laughed at me, mocking me, saying things like "Look at that useless queer!" Then everything went black. When I could see again, it was exactly like earlier when we got back to the apartments, cop cars everywhere, their sirens on really loud until I thought I would go deaf. Phil was holding my hand, he squeezed it tight. "Let's go look at the body bags, shall we?" We walked over hand in hand, but this time, there was four bags. Phil turned and kissed me when we got over there, it was pleasant and caught me off guard. After a few seconds, I felt him grin against my mouth, and then I felt hot, sticky, liquid running into my mouth. It tasted metallic, and I tried pulling away from Phil, but he pulled me back and kissed me harder. I shoved him off of me, a bloody line stretched from the edge of his lips to his ears. He had blood rushing down his chin, and it looked like bloody tears trailing down his face. I wiped my own mouth and Phil ran his fingers down my eyelids, closing them. When I opened them, he was gone. I opened the first bag, Kat was in there, but she was alive and grinning at me, the same bloody line as Phil. I zipped the second back open, and Joey was there, he was in the same state as Kat. The third bag had my mother, she didn't have the line, and she looked dead, but hickeys kept randomly appearing all over her neck. I moved onto the next bag, and it was Phil, he was still bloody, but he was just laughing at me, repeating a lot of the things Jason had said to me before. I began screaming, but no sound came out. That's when I woke up. I looked over at my clock, "Great, eight o'clock on a Sunday. There's no way I'll be able to go back to sleep." I said to myself, groaning. I sat up, raked a hand through my hair and grabbed my phone.

ONE NEW MESSAGE: UNKOWN

That's weird, I tapped on it.

UNKNOWN: Hey, can you come over to help me pack? Bring some boxes if you have any. ~Phil

I set his contact into my phone. How did he get my number in the first place? I typed in a quick reply.

Me: Yeah sure, let me get ready first and try to find some boxes first, I'll be there by nine. How did you get my number?

His reply came seconds later.

Phil: Okay thanks man. I appreciate it. Don't leave your phone unattended while you sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night. Cute pictures ;)

Fuck he went through my pictures, seeing all of my awful selfies from awkward angles.

A few seconds passed, and I got up and walked around. I scanned the house quickly, my mom wasn't home.  I plugged my phone into my speaker, and turned on the water. Once it was as hot as I could handle, I jumped in and began washing my hair. I was kinda dancing along to the song that was playing. I sang really loudly with the song, "The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary. It's time to do it now and do it loud. Killjoys, make some noise!" then I stopped to prevent shampoo from getting in my mouth. I then lightly sung along with twenty øne piløts, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco. Until my phone switched to a quieter song. "LOST BOY" by Troye Sivan began playing and I felt kinda sad. I'm not sure why. I quickly switched to something more loud and upbeat, but the sad feeling tugged at my heart a little bit. I ignored it and turned off the water. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist, walking towards my room. I put on a plain navy blue t shirt and some blue skinny jeans, the darkest things I owned; not surprisingly. I grabbed my phone that was still blasting my music in the bathroom and walked down to our basement, the light from my screen illuminating the dark stairs. I found a few empty boxes and carried them out to my car. I rarely used it, I lived near enough I could walk to most places I needed to go, but since I was going to Phil's and had boxes, I kinda needed it. I pushed the key in the ignition and it roared to life. I backed out of our driveway and down the road. I was at Phil's in a matter of minutes. I fussed with my hair before opening the door and heading towards the complex. He was waiting on the landing of the apartment complex. He looked up at me and smiled softly. He stood up and walked over to me. I grinned at him and popped the trunk of my car, grabbing as many boxes as I could, Phil doing the same.