10

"Jace...I...didn't expect that."
He drops his head down and scoots away from me.

"It's okay, I didn't expect you to like me. You're a great kisser though." I reached out and placed a hand on his knee. He looked up at me and I smiled.

"Jace... I have feelings for another guy."
He frowns and I can see the corners of his eyes glisten with tears. "But he had a girlfriend, and he doesn't care for me. I just need to forget about him. Maybe you could help me forget?"

He grins slyly at me and crawls into my lap, placing his hands on my face.

"Baby, I'll be your amnesia."

He kisses me passionately, and then our hands start to roam. His right hand is tangled in my curly hair and his left hand has snuck up under the hem of my shirt, holding onto my back. I'm gripping his hips to keep him from sliding off of my lap.

I pry my lips away from his as the bell rings. "But I need some time to get used to you, so forgive me if I take things slow." He nods and wraps his arms around my neck. His emerald green eyes gaze into my brown ones. "Dan..." he stops to kiss my forehead lightly. "Will you be my boyfriend?" I grin and nod lightly. "Yeah. That sounds nice." He stands up and reaches out for my hand. He pulls me out of my chair and interlocks my fingers with his own. "Come on, we gotta go to class."

Our next class is gym, which I can't stand. Fortunately, Violet, Jace, Alex, and Zari have it too. We tend to just sit in the bleachers and ignore the whistles of the teachers to get us down. They've given up on trying to get us to participate.

I pull the pink straps of my backpack up on my shoulders. Gym is my lass class, so it makes sense to just bring my bag. Jace leads me to our gym lockers which are in the back, away from everybody else's. I tug my powder pink sweater over my head and put on our mandatory uniforms. A yellow shirt that has our schools name and symbol on it, a screaming eagle. For our pants we're allowed to wear what we want as long as they're red. For me that means red sweatpants over my jeans, too lazy to pull them off. I look over to see Jace shirtless. I try to not stare at his toned and slightly tan torso.

His shirt is now back on unfortunately and we're walking up to the top corner of the bleachers, hand in hand. Violet and the twins are already talking
to each other. Zari is between her sister and Violet, and their talking about colors for some reason. Jace and I sit in the row below them. Violet notices us sit down and looks at me and grins.

She glances down at our entangled hands and then looks back at me. "Explain." She says, her eyes watching both of us. I open my mouth to answer her when Jace speaks for me. "We're dating." Zari and Alex smile as Violets eyes widen. She leans over to me and whispers. "What about Phil?" I shrug my shoulders and smile at Jace. "He has a girlfriend, I needed someone who actually likes me." Violet looks at me in a way that says "we'll talk later."

Jace traces small circles on the back of my hand and grins. "We should all hang out after school." We nod in agreement and Violet lifts her hand off her lap. "My parents won't be home, you can come over after school as long as you leave before six." We all nod and she grins. "Okay rad."

I yawn and lean over on to Jace's shoulder. "I'm tired." I say to him quietly. He laughs and yawns back at me. I see Zari look at Violet and shuffle a bit in her seat. She leans down and lays her head on Violet's thighs. Violet looks down in surprise before smiling warmly at the head of tawny brown hair on her lap.

Alex drags her hand through her hair and looks towards her sister and Violet. "Hey, Vi can you do me a favor after school?" Violet and Zari look up out of their quiet conversation to listen to Alex. "Can you dye my hair? I'm tired of it and my mom won't let me do it, so if I show up with it colored she can't do anything about it." Violet smiles and nods her head. "Of course, I can drive us all to get some dye right after school. That sounds like fun."