8

Violet was right about us being good friends. Over the course of the next few days, we were together constantly, much to Phil's distaste. He hasn't texted me except to ask me about Violet, a weird look on his face every time he saw us together.

It's after school on Friday, and I'm currently pleading my mom to let Violet stay the night. She was very skeptical about the fact that she's a girl, but after Violet assured her many times that she has a girlfriend, my mom seemed okay with it. "Fine, but Danny, don't do anything stupid, don't do anything to hurt sweet Violets girlfriend." I nodded and we walked upstairs, away from her.

"Yeah Howell, don't do anything to hurt sweet Violets girlfriend." Violet snickers from behind me. I huff and roll my eyes although she can't see my face.

She flops down on my bed and stares at the ceiling, folding her hands over her stomach. "Do you want to play Mario Cart or are you scared of me beating you again?" I laugh, "Yeah sure, but actually you only beat me once." I retort to her. She laughs her contagious laugh and it makes me crack a smile.

I start up the game and we begin playing. Once again I beat her every time. We're halfway through our seventh race when my phone rings, making both of us jump out of our seats on my bedroom floor. I pause the game and Violet groans as I stand up to answer it.

"Hello?"
It's my mum. "Hey Dan! I left earlier to go to Derricks, and I just got here and long story short, I forgot my purse. Derricks taking me out to dinner, and I need it. Can you run it over to me? And be quick, we're leaving in half an hour, we have reservations at six and we're going to Cicliys so we have to leave by five."

I sigh. "Yeah sure, I have some stuff I have to bring over there anyways. Violets coming with me."

"Thanks Dan sweety! See you soon, thank you very much! Love you."

There's a click and a beep and then I turn to Violet. She's looking at me expectantly.

"We have to run my mums purse to her, and I have some stuff I need to take over anyways. You're coming with." She leaps up and walks over to me.

Violet flips her vibrant hair, which is in a high ponytail today, behind her shoulder and sets her hands on her hips. "Okay so what are you bringing over?" She asks me, looking around. I point to the three boxes in the corner of my room. "Those. It's just some stuff I won't need before we move."

Her hands drop and she takes a step closer to me. "Move?! Howell you better not be leaving me!" She says, concern filling her words. I shake my head. "I'm just moving to a different house, in the same town. You know Phil Lester? His dad and my mom are getting married, so they're moving in together in about a month. I'll be living with them."

She sighs a breath of relief and steps back again. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "Okay okay." I walk to the boxes and pick one up. Violet follows suit, and we carry them out to my car. We come back in, Violet grabs my mums purse, and I grab my keys and phone and slide them into my pocket, then grab the last box, putting it next to the others in the trunk, slamming the top down afterwards.

Violet climbs into the passenger seat as I slid into the drivers side. I start the car up and it purrs to life. Violet plugs her phone into the speakers, scrolling through, looking for the perfect song to play. She settles for Sleeping With Sirens to start, and we start screaming along with Congratulations.

We're driving through quiet neighborhoods and I'm feeling happy. This moment is such a good one. The windows are rolled down, the beat pumping through the speakers. I have one hand on the steering wheel, the other is hanging out of the window, and I'm singing along with a smile on my face. Violet is leaning out her window, screaming as loud as she can, her colorful hair whirling around her. She's laughing whenever there's a pause, smiling when she sings.