You're so lame

"Yes." 

The remote falls out of Andy's hand once the word tumbles from my mouth. He engulfs me in a hug that lifts my feet off the ground and spins me in circles. 

"Wait," He returns my feet back to the ground. "You are saying yes to getting back together, right?" He grins excitedly when I nod feverishly and picks me up once again, bridal style.

"Thank god. That would have been awkward." Andy says, stepping through his front door and kicking it closed behind him. 

I giggle into his should as he takes the stairs two at a time, before entering a room and dropping me on the bed. 

"I'm the luckiest man in the world." He smiles, leaning over me and kissing me all over my face. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Andy's POV

Ariel brings out an intensely cheesy side of my personality.

 I'm not exactly sure how she manages to do it, especially since I've spent so long perfecting my bad ass persona.  

But here I am, as smitten as a teenager in love for the first time. 

It seems ridiculous but she has me wrapped around her small, surprisingly pale, finger. 

Her red hair is spread across the pillow, her back to me, and she's snoring slightly. 

Possibly the cutest thing ever. 

"You sound like a teenage girl."  My unhelpful subconscious chimes in and I push it away. I don't care if I sound like a gooey teenage girl. 

I love her. 

I trace circles on her bare back for a few minutes before turning over and grabbing my pants off the ground, removing my phone from the pocket. 

I unlock it and tap on Vic's message thread. 

Me: THE MERMAID IS IN THE WATER. THE MERMAID IS IN THE WATER. I REPEAT FOR A THIRD TIME, THE MERMAID IS IN THE WATER. 

His reply comes instantly and I quickly turn off my notification tone so the sound doesn't wake Ariel. 

Vic: what does that mean? Are you making up code words without telling me what they mean again? Bc you know that never works. 

Me: We're back together. I thought my code words were pretty obvious.

Vic: it's about fucking time. If I weren't a grown ass man in my thirties, I would jump for joy. Congrats Man. (cue the wedding bells)

I laugh quietly at his text and Ariel rolls over. 

"Who are you texting?" She asks groggily, her eyes half open. 

"Just some grown ass man in his thirties." I smile and kiss her forehead.

"I'm so tired." She murmurs into my bare chest. 

"I have a good way to wake you up." I offer and she slaps my chest. 

"You're such a perv."

"That's not what I meant! I was talking about coffee." I defend myself and she laughs. 

"Yea I'm sure you were." Ariel giggles and I flip her over so I'm hovering on top of her. 

"But if you insist." She giggles as I connect our lips.   

____________________________________________________________________________________

  Ariel's POV