11 September 2014

24 hours.

For the past 24 hours, I have been sitting here in front of the ICU. Elena is still unconscious and so we are not allowed to go in. The old lady whom I met yesterday has been crying continuously. At times, she hugs me and cries her soul out but mostly she stands near the door and keeps looking at Elena as the tears flow down her cheeks.

"Jeremy?"

"Umm....yeah?"

"How did you meet her?"

"Elena used to call me daily and she came to my place a few times. And that was when she told me that she is my sister. I actually suffer from me..."

"Memory loss."

"Yeah."

"Jeremy, why do you think I am here?"

"Maybe Elena is your niece or something or maybe you are her mother-in-law?"

"Mother."

"Hun?"

"I am her mother Jer and yours too."

"M...mother? You are my mom?"

"Yes!"

I left my seat and hugged her at once. Tears began to flow down my eyes as soon as she engulfed me in her arms.

Finally I know who my mom is!

"Oh mom! I don't know if I missed you but I did miss my mother."

"I missed you so much son! I am glad that you are recovering."

"Why did you leave me alone? You could have stayed and helped me recovered! I have lost so much."

"Jer, you refused to identify us and you'd get so angry that it wasn't possible for us to talk to you and we had to leave you. The only thing you remembered was a bit about ..."

"About?"

"Emily."

I remembered her? I remembered her!

"Where is she mom?"

"She is..."

Suddenly she was interrupted by a nurse's voice.

"Excuse me. Who is Jeremy?"

"Me. I am Jeremy."

"The patient wants to talk to you."

Without wasting a second, I rushed inside the ICU to talk to her.

She lied there on the bed just like a lifeless soul. A number of machines around her made the setting even more painful.

I sat beside her and gently touched her hand.

"Elena?"

"J.."

"I am here."

"M..o....m?"

"She is outside."

"Emi.."

"Emily?"

She nodded.

"What about her ?"

"L...l....e...e.."

"letter?"

She nodded again.

"R...r...e....a..d"

"I'll read it Elena. Once you are alright, I'll go home and read her letter."

"S.....s...h...e d.....i...d....n.....t l....l...i..e .."

"Time's up. The patient needs to rest now."

I got up from my seat and slightly kissed her forehead.

"I know she didn't lie."

She tried to give me a smile but failed miserably.

Tears now began to rush into my eyes and so I immediately went out of the ICU.

Mom was standing there with her eyes glued to Elena.

I rushed to her and immediately hugged her. The pain was too much for me! Just now I had found my sister and now God is planning to take her away!

"Things will be alright son."

"I love her! I love you and I....I love Emily."

Okay so no letter today and I guess you can understand as since he is in the hospital, it's not possible that he'd get a letter here. So ...

So what?

TWO LETTERS in the next update!

Thank you so much for your love and support. <3

-Divya