13 September 2014

"Jer! Wake up son."

"Hmm."

"Wake up! Did you get up at 12 noon daily?"

12 NOON! Damn it!

"Mom! Why didn't you wake me up a bit early?"

I jumped out of the bed and rushed downstairs to see if Peter was still there.

When I opened the door, he was nowhere to be seen nor was the letter.

With a sad face, I walked inside and closed the door.

"What happened Jer?"

"I missed it."

"Missed what?"

"The letter."

"Are you talking about this letter?"

She was holding my letter in her hands. A sudden smile found it's way on my face.

"YES! Oh god thank you."

"Do you know everything about her Jeremy?"

"No. I know only what she has written to me so far."

"Do you know where she is? How is she doing?"

"She is in Florida now and is gonna shift to Miami soon and she has lost a lot of weight."

"And wha..."

"Mom, lemme first read this alright?"

"Alright. I'll make something for you to eat and then we'll go to the hospital."

I took out the letter from the envelope.

Dear Stranger,

Hey! How are you? How is Elena? Is she improving? I am really worried for her. I hope she gets well soon.

By the way, today I wanted to remind you something. Today is 13th of September and exactly 2 years ago, you had first asked me out for a date. I still remember our first date. You had taken me out to an ice-cream parlor! GOD! That was just so ridiculously amazing.

You had asked me in the morning to get ready for the following night as you'll be taking me out. I was so excited that I didn't eat a thing for the entire day. In the night, when you came to pick me up, I was dressed up in a black knee length dress and you were in your jeans and casual tee. Surprised by your outfit, when I asked you about your outfit, you had too casually replied that " What else do we wear to an ice-cream parlor ". I was just to shocked after hearing that.

But then you had said that " I know you must be thinking that I'd take you to an expensive restaurant or something but Emily I thought that it'd be more romantic to eat a chocolate ice-cream while we see the stars." I was too happy then! Later when I asked you if I should change my dress, you had stopped me by saying that I look even more cuter in this."

I never thought you'd be so romantic.

Anyways, I know this is not the time to talk about us but I just wanted to make you feel a bit better. I hope I good do that at least for a minute.

I love you so much!

Come back soon.

Yours

Emily

WOW! Ice-cream under the stars? Not that bad Jeremy!