Chapter 2

Leila's POV

At last we landed on American soil. I usually love going on airplane trips but these 10 hours dragged out. I couldn't get to sleep as the suspense was killing me, instead I watched Netflix and ate too many plane meals that were surprisingly good and not as sloppy as I'd expected. Mum, and everyone else on the plane, slept most of the journey so I got a lot of quiet time just Netflix and me. I watched my favourite film of all time: Love, Rosie. The romance in that film makes me desperate for a boyfriend, but then I remember Jamie... Let's not go there again.

When it was safe to take off our belts, I woke mum up, I'm shocked she didn't awaken from the turbulence. I lifted the window cover and the morning sun shone through so bright, there was the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen in my life. Blue. Purple. Red. Orange. The entire rainbow merged into one. I already felt happier.

Baggage claim was fast, most people looked at me weirdly as I had a pink, sparkly tinker-bell suitcase I've had since I was five, but I didn't want mum to buy me a new one after she's moving us into this amazing house! The taxi mum booked was right on time and that was a relief as I'm desperate just to get to our new home. I love to bake so, maybe I'll bake something for the neighbours, make a good first  impression and all.

Driving through towns, villages and coming into LA I saw so many good photo options, but my canon was packed in my suitcase in the boot. LA is so gorgeous! The midday sun lit up the city brightly, I stupidly should've bought sunglasses. Barney, the taxi driver dropped us off at a lemonade and ice cream parlour that I'd heard about on Twitter. Barney and I had some good chats while mum was sleeping, so my kind-self embraced him in a warm hug to say goodbye, he was as big and cuddly as a life size teddy bear.

My butterflies calmed down and mum and I adventured round LA for hours, but after a long day of sight seeing and eating all the pizza I could, I think it was time...

We rang up Barney and he came to collect us to take us to the new home.