Chapter 5

Leila's POV

I always used to plan things I'd do in certain places before I got there. So I used the money mum had given to me for the day to get the bus to Hollywood. I've always wanted to go to the sign and to the walk of fame, it's on my bucket list, so I am really over the moon that I got to go to those places on my second day here! I managed to get a lot of good quality photos of the Hollywood sign and the amazing view from the city up there. It was really quite wonderful and it really makes you think about the beauty in the world and for a split second I forgot about all the terrible things like, Jamie.

I try not to think about him but I never had felt so passionate towards someone until I met him. I think it was love? But I won't know until I find something more, someone more special. I know everything isn't about love, but as I was sat in front of the big Y of the sign, I got into deep thoughts about how I was here alone, how I was exploring this city all by myself and had no one to share this experience with.

Later, once I'd trekked my way to the walk of fame, a big crowd of people were gathered in a huge mob surrounding someone. I tried to get a peek to see who it was but I'm so short and everyone in LA is so tall. I walked away as the mob flattened out into a line to let the person get to their car, I still moved on, it probably wasn't anyone too important anyway.

I saw One directions star, Ozzy Osborne's , Elvis Presley's and so many more. It was such a wicked experience! But suddenly my pleasure was interrupted as a boy in a panda costume came prancing past me, nearly knocking me onto the floor. He turned back, but didn't apologise, then to make me even more mad, I watched him slap a pie into some poor mans face. He ran off screaming "SMACK CAM" as the buff man ran after him, it was really amusing to watch him get chased out of my line of vision. What a crazy guy, I wonder why he'd planned to do that.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and a comforting voice that I recognised but I wasn't quite sure where from.
"Leila?" I turned round and found my body quite close to his.
"Oh Jai - hey!" I kept getting lost in his eyes and losing concentration of what was coming out of his mouth.
"Lads, get over here" He turned round and I wasn't sure who he was talking to, until the panda boy and three others strolled casually over to where we were stood.

One of the boys caught my immediate attention. He looked exactly like Jai, but he was dressed like less of a bad boy. He had a canon camera, similar to mine, wrapped round his neck. He was looking down at it, hardly paying attention to where he was going.

"That's Dan, Beau, James and .. Luke ... Luke? Pay attention bro. This is Leila." Jai snapped at Luke as his head jolted up from his camera. He looked quite puzzled and caught me staring him up and down. I don't know what it was about him but I liked him a lot.

"Oh hey, so you're the new neighbour. Want to join us at Starbucks?" Beau had the same accent as Jai, I think it was Australian, they looked similar too. I didn't want to be rude and turn down the offer so we all walked across the street to the biggest Starbucks I've ever seen.