Chapter 8

LEILA'S POV

I woke up this morning extra early with a smile plastered on my face. I went to sleep thinking about him, and I woke up thinking about him. I've never been so crazy about someone before, my average crush I can usually keep out my head, but not Luke.

I got ready doing the same boring routine as every morning and as I was preparing a fruity cereal breakfast, to get me hyped for the day, I heard my phone ringing from upstairs. I sprinted up to my room like I was about to win a marathon. Hoping it hadn't woken mum, I answered the phone to Chelseys call.

"Hey - hope I didn't wake you." It wasn't Chelseys voice that spoke, but some deep Australian accent that was definitely Luke's.
"No I was up just about to eat. You alright?" Luke must of liked me after us hanging out as a group yesterday, why else would he be calling me at eight in the morning.
"I'm so bored, come over? We could do something today" I couldn't quite believe he just asked me to spend the day with him. I got a sudden rush of excitement and was about to squeal a calm yes down the phone when I remembered I was up this early for uni.

"Luke I'd love to but I have uni today" My heart dropped when I turned down his offer. A normal girl wouldn't do that but in England I was a straight A* student that never skipped school, mum would be so mad and would probably move us back to England if I started to rebel.

Luke and I continued to speak about the most random things while I ate my breakfast. I hadn't realised mum had come into the kitchen when Luke was making me laugh hysterically.
"You better go meet Callie or you'll be late sweetie." Mum was right so I got in the car still on the phone to Luke. I hadn't told her anything about the Janoskians, or the fact that the friends I've been hanging out wasn't Callies group of friends but our 20 year old neighbours.

When Callie got into the car Luke was still on loud speaker, my mind was lost in our conversation and I forgot how obsessed Callie was with the Janoskians. Once shed buckled up I could tell by the expression on her face that she recognised his voice. She raised an eyebrow at me and I saw her eyes start to tear up.

I hung up on Luke and told Callie everything. About how were next door and we've become friends, that I have a crush on Luke and I didn't know they were the Janoskians until last night. She had the facial expression like someone had just died and I'd finally got her to shut up. The drive to school was relaxingly quiet and I gave Callie a hug when we got out the car because she looked like she was going to burst into tears and I was curious as to know why. It's probably something to do with being a fangirl, they're always quite emotional, aren't they?

*6 hours later*

The bell rang and I sprinted out of school, I messaged Callie I wouldn't be able to drive her home as I wanted to get back fast so I could go see Luke. I looked up and saw a red truck like car that I recognised to be Beau's. A few girls were crowded round it taking pictures and having general conversation. I was going to continue walking to my car until I saw it was Luke, just Luke.

"Hey Luke" I said it with a giggle in my voice and he looked up at me away from the fans.
"Get in, I came to pick you up. I'm gonna take you some place nice." I sat next to him in the front and all the Janoskianators looked at me gawping in jealousy. Luke waved off the fans and lent over to give me a hug. We pulled away from the uni and I had no clue where he was taking me, I liked it, finally I started to feel adventurous.

"So why did you call me on Chelsey's phone this morning?" I asked him with a nervous tremble in my voice.
"Oh I don't have your number and Chelsey left her phone lying around so I thought, why not." He looked at me, losing concentration on the road, he gave me a small smirk that made my cheeks go red.
I took his phone from his back pocket and wrote my number in.
"There now you don't have to use Chelsey's phone." We exchanged glances and I couldn't stop myself from imagining him kissing me. His lips looked soft and so kissable.