Chapter 8

Noah's POV

I woke up the next morning to find myself sleeping on Mia's lap, the both of us where lying on the floor. I stood up carefully and found out that the pain in my shoulder has partially faded away. I looked down at Mia's form, she looked so tired and yellowish, she was still wearing that outfit she wore the other day, stains of blood where dried on her green sweater, her hair was spread in every direction, there also was tear stains on her cheeks, mixed with blood and makeup, it seems- no, she surely fell asleep crying.

A flashback of yesterday's situation came back to mind.

That painful look in her eyes when she realized that she hurt me, those tears, her panicking whenever I winced in pain, the worry she showed, her gentle touches and the way she treated my wound.

She was crying hardly when she hurt me, she also did everything I told her to and in every step, just to help me. She was so worried about me and she treated my injury carefully she also refused to get me in bed unless she cleaned my body from dried blood. Everything she showed, the care, the worry, the way she touched my body.... It's like... 'Her'...

Yes it's exactly like 'her', everything Mia showed yesterday was the same 'she' showed before. All of them are the same. I won't accept that. I won't let her break me like 'she' did before. NO. I refuse. I completely refuse this bullshit. I should push Mia away, or else it'll end up the same it did couple of years ago. I need not to hurt myself again. I shouldn't get weak in front of Mia as well. I won't let that happen again, I'm not an idiot to repeat what happened before I've been working on myself not to let any other person in my life, I won't let Mia just walk in. She should suffer.

Fuck 'her'. I loved- love 'her' though, and I didn't get over her yet. I know that. I still feel like I'm being stabbed with a knife in my fucking heart whenever I remember her, she was the sunshine of my life, I still can't believe what happened.

I stood up completely from the floor from my kneeling position looking at Mia who was still lying on the floor.

"YOU! YOUUUUUUU" I screamed and she woke up jumping from her place.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM." I screamed in her face which made her stand up quickly running from my room with a terrified look on her face without saying any word.

I opened my closet and grabbed a sweater and a new pair of blue jeans. Then I brushed my teeth and hair. I grabbed my stuff and got out of my room sitting on the sofa in the living room waiting for Mia to finish changing and to get ready.

I closed my eyes and rest my head on the couch. What the hell did I do.

It's better. This is the right thing to do.

I waited ten more minutes before she came out holding a small back pack and her phone clutched between her hands. She was wearing black leggings and a blue-colored shirt.

"I'm ready." She said avoiding my gaze.

I didn't reply, I took my keys from the table and opened the front door ready to go down.

_______

"Hey dude, wanna go clubbing tonight?" One of my friends, Kevin asked me when we were dismissed from class.

"Kay.." I replied while we both started walking away from the class.

"Bring your 'fiancé' with you, we'd like to meet her." Kevin said and I glared at him.

"Maybe some other time. I wanna be free for tonight and forget about the shit that's been happening lately." I answered.

"As you like, man." He replied shrugging his shoulders and then he wrapped his arm around my shoulder which made me wince in pain.