Chapter 11: We're home!

When I woke up at the crack of dawn the very next day, everything was a blur. I rubbed my eyes, then looked around. I was at home with Deli and Rocket. How'd I get home? I thought.

I went downstairs with Deli following me. I saw Rocket on the couch, watching our favourite movie, "Pigman Potter and the nether stone". "Morning Chip," Rocket sniffed. She sounded stuffed up for some reason. "Morning," I greeted. "Do you have a cold or something?" "Yeah," she coughed. "I feel hot, too." "Then lemme take your temperature," I insisted. "You look warm." I took out the thermometer. "39 degrees celcius," I commented. "You have a fever. You're gonna have to go back to bed." "Nah, I'll be fine," Rocket confronted. "I wanted to show you this, anyway," I sat down on the couch as she switched the TV onto the news channel.

"Good news, fellow minecrafters," said the reporter. "The gang, Team BrightFire from Waflen City, just returned home this morning after going on a 6 day journey to Minetopia to save it from destruction. Chip, Fan, Rocket, Travis, Chad, Blue, Kaylz and their pets, Deli the cat and Firefang the wolf all set off on an amazing journey six days ago, and, after going to a hospital in Mushroom city to get some minor injuries taken care of, were taken home. The only one that died during the journey was Firefang, but that wasn't until the very end. A golden statue honouring the Minetopia heroes will be carved by a professional artist and put in the park after a ceremony taking place there."

"Are you feeling good enough to go?" I asked. "Yeah, of course!" Rocket replied. I smiled as we went upstairs to take a shower and put some formal clothing on.

About an hour after seeing the news, Deli, Rocket and I were at the park. We came a bit early, along with the other members of Team BrightFire. "This ceremony is sort of short, so we have a short speech from the leader of Team BrightFire, Chip," said the host of the ceremony.

"Well," I said as I went up to the microphone, clearing my throat. "I'm not really sure what to say, since I didn't write a speech or anything on the computer, but I would like to thank my very best friends for coming to Minetopia with me. Fan, Kaylz, Chad, Travis, Rocket, Blue, Deli and Firefang who is listening from above, I don't think I could have done it without you. Without you guys with me, my childhood dream of going to Minetopia would have never come true. Rocket, you were the sister I could always look out for and protect. Blue, you were always full of amazing ideas about what to do next, and you were smart and kind. Fan, you were funny and, like Blue, always had wonderful ideas. Kaylz, you were extremely helpful and brave, and whenever there was a problem, you would find the solution. Chad, you were funny and extremely helpful, and I don't think there is anybody in this world who's more joyful than you. Travis, you were extremely caring and patient when it came to us, and I want you to keep that care and patience in you forever. Thank you all for coming on the journey, and I hope everyone can learn from you."

I smiled as I got a huge applause and I walked down from the stage. We gave each other a group hug, and I could feel confetti flying everywhere in my face. This was truly the best minecraft journey yet.
====THE END, FOR NOW.====