Chapter 10: The final battle

I froze in silence to see the statue root its claws into the ground and swing its neck up high. Except it wasn't a statue anymore, but a black dragon with pink, glistening eyes. My fur was flying from here to there as the dragon roared its loudest. The ground was shaking, almost like an earthquake. I let my feet stay put so I wouldn't fall.

As soon as all the ground shaking stopped, Kaylz looked around. What happened to the overworld dimension? I thought as I copied Kaylz. Instead of grass, there was end stone. Instead of a blue sky, it was a blackish purple sky. Minetopia was still here, but it was on an end island surrounded by the perimeter of a bottomless pit. "At last!!!" The dragon roared. "I'm free! I'm not a stone statue anymore!" It looked down at us, an evil grin planted on its face. "And you are?" "Chip!" I declared. "From Waflen City! And we're here to fight you! You were the one who caused all of this chaos!" "And now," growled Firefang. "Its time to put an end to it!" The dragon paused and sniffed Firefang, who promptly bit the black creature on the nose.

"Don't you DARE touch me!" Firefang howled. "You're the one who killed my parents!" The dragon stomped its huge paw. Then, it swung its head up and roared with fury as blood dripped from its nose. All of us pulled out our diamond swords, and Deli unsheathed her claws.

Everyone was trying their hardest to fight, but even though the battle had just begun, the dragon was already winning. It breathed these purple particle things onto me, burning my arm badly as I sliced its paw off with my sword.

Suddenly, I saw Deli and Firefang flying in the air. The dragon must have flicked them away with its tail or something. "Catch them, Rocket!" I shouted. Rocket nodded and, without hesitation, sprinted over to catch them. She successfully caught Deli and Firefang, and the dragon was about to die from its injuries. The dragon didn't give up, though, and it grabbed Rocket just as she was about to put them down.

"Not so fast, weakling!" The dragon growled as it picked up Rocket with its mouth. "Put me down!" squealed Rocket as she struggled and flailed. Firefang and Deli jumped down onto the ground as my face turned red. "THAT IS MY SISTER!" I roared at the top of my lungs. "IF YOU DARE TOUCH HER THE WRONG WAY, BE PREPARED TO DIE!!! RRRRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" I then ran up and sliced part of its tail off, making the dragon roar in pain and drop Rocket.

Just then, I spotted Firefang. He was growling, with so much rage flowing inside him that even his fur turned from the colour of snow to a very light shade of pink. "Leave the Minetopia heroes ALONE!!!!!" he screamed as he sprinted toward the dragons chest. "No!" Fan called out. "Firefang, wait! He's gonna-" but Fans warning was interrupted when Ultimo pancaked himself on top of the worried boy. "Nope." Ultimo refused. "I'm saving Minetopia." "How the hell did you get here???" Fan asked as he got up and punched Ultimo.

The boys fought and fought until Deli came. The three were standing at the edge of the end island. Deli head-butted Ultimo off the end island.

I suddenly turned to see Firefang. He was the closest to the dragons chest, ignoring the pain from the particles. After a short howl, he bit the dragons chest hard. The dragon flung Firefang into the air with its tail, then crashed to the ground. His eyes were closed, which was a sign that he was dead and that the battle was over. Firefang landed on the ground with a small thud, about two yards away from us.

"Firefang is hurt!" Chad cried. "C'mon, lets go see him!" Travis added as we ran over to see the bleeding wolf, who was shaking with fear. The sky had the moon and stars since we fought until night, and I could feel the grass, so we were in the overworld again. "F-firefang?" Rocket whispered as she kneeled down to pet him softly. "Firefang, the battle's over now," Travis reassured. "We won," Chad mumbled in fear as he hugged my arm. "Ch-Chip...all of you..." Firefang whispered, his voice trembling and his eyes beginning to close. "You...are a hero......for saving...our world, even...if it involved......" But Firefang couldn't finish his sentence. A few seconds later, it dawned on me that he had been killed by the dragon. "Firefang, no!" I shouted as my eyes started to flood with tears. Slowly, Rocket started crying, then Kaylz, then Fan, then Chad, then Blue, then Travis and then Deli. "Firefang, how could you?" I sobbed as I wrapped my arms around him, trying to hold back tears. I curled up into a ball, crying my eyes out as everyone did the same.

"You have fought well," I spun around to hear a voice say. "I'm proud of you. Firefang is watching you from above. Him and I honour your bravery and heroism. And now I am gone......but you will see me again in 1.9." I was still sobbing a bit along with everyone else, but I felt good.