Chapter Eleven: Growing Ups & Getting Outs

The Bad Boy Stole My Diary.
A Raura Fanfiction.
Chapter Eleven: Growing Ups & Getting Outs.
~The Next Morning~

     You know what song is so beautifully written but so friggin untrue? The End of All Things, by Panic! At the Disco. (Google and YouTube them, they're flawless.) It's a gorgeous song, written beautifully. But it's really hard to relate, 'cause no one has love like that in real life. Like c'mon, "Whether near or far, I am always yours," really? 'Cause trust me, Ross was pretty near when he was sucking that girl's face off and I'm pretty sure that means he isn't mine.

     But, I mean, whatever.

     That next morning, I woke up next to Sean.

     Whenever he was younger and had a bad dream, or felt sick, he'd crawl in bed with me and cuddle one of my pillows. Of course, he hadn't done it in years, since he was older and now 'too cool' to be with his big sister. But around one last night, I heard my door squeak open and in came my blond brother, clutching his blanket and looking at me with pleading eyes. So, that's where we slept last night.

     I woke up around ten, but didn't get up until around ten-thirty. (Since I take a really long to get up and out of bed, don't judge.) Sean was still sleeping, so I got dressed and headed downstairs.

     Feeling painfully hungry, I made my way to the kitchen, just to find my mother on her laptop. I walked past her, getting a banana out of the fridge. But when she saw me, she immediately smiled and stood up.

     "Laura, honey, good morning." She said softly, hugging me. She was being awfully sweet.

     I furrowed my eyebrows, this behavior from her seeming oddly unusual, "Um, morning. How are you?"

     She smiled in replied, pulling back, "I'm great, sweetie. Is it alright if I talk you about something?"

     Oh. So this is what she wants from me. She wants me to do something. Just fantastic.

     I nodded, sitting at the counter. She stood on the other side and took both my hands.

     Taking a deep sigh, she looked me in the eyes, "Laura, hun, you know how Dad and I are getting divorced, right?"

     I nodded.

     "And how that means there will be some pretty big changes in our family, right?"

      "Yes, mom."

     "Well, one of those changes is going to be coming pretty quickly..."

     My mother sighed softly, pacing a few moments. I was confused, obvious from my expression.

     Taking a leap of fate, I decided to ask, "And what would that be, mom?"

     "Well, sweetie, it's your dad. He found an apartment. And, since he'll be moving out, I was thought it'd be best I sold the house... I put it on the market awhile ago, and someone bought it last night..." She started, looking at my reaction.

     My eyes were freaking widening.

     "Now, Parker's gonna be moving out with a friend, Vanessa's gonna move out on her own, and Sean and Hannah are gonna spend half the time with me and half the time with your dad." She continued.

     I knew where this was going.

     "I was thinking... Well, you are an adult now... And you're in college... It might be time for you to, um, move out... Go on your own..."

      Just then, Sean's voice came from behind us, "No no no! You can't make her move out!"

     He came quickly into the kitchen, sitting up on the counter.