Chapter Seven: Crashes & Burns

The Bad Boy Stole My Diary
A Raura Fanfiction
Chapter Seven: Crashes & Burns
~The Next Afternoon~

I sighed, kicking my feet up on the couch and crossing my arms.

Uggs on my feet, blanket over my lap, knitted sweater as my top, and grey sweats covering my legs. It was Sunday. A quiet one, I must add. Sean was at football practice. Vanessa was taking Savannah and Raini shopping. Parker was waiting tables at the local pub. And my parents took Hannah to a Chuck E. Cheese a few towns over.

Lex and I decided to have a day at home spa day. It was a day to commemorate Zayn and his choice to leave One Direction. We each had a smooth concoction of multiple ingredients lathered on our faces, a lime green color glimmering off. Our hair was spilled in messy, damp buns on top our heads. Obviously, One Direction blasted through the surround-sound speakers. Various makeup and hair products laid flat on the table.

Honestly, I wasn't particularly completely happy. Tonight is my first date with Ross. All the girls were super excited about. They thought it was a great chance for me to meet a nice, cute guy. Except there one problem: Ross is not a nice, cute guy.

Sure, he's attractive. But he's an idiot. A moron. A stupid head. Whatever you wanna call it. He's still annoying as crap.

At least it's just week. But it'll be the longest freaking week of my life. That's for sure.

"So, are you ready for your date tonight?" Alexa asked, a small smirk on her face.

"No, not really. I'm gonna have to though. He won fair and square, I guess," I sighed, shrugging my shoulders and watching the horror on the TV.

"It'll be fine, Laur. I bet he's a great guy," she replied, turning to face me.

"Whatever, let's go pick out my outfit for tonight then." I mumbled, standing up and starting to go upstairs.

Alexa sighed and followed me up.

I sat down at my desk in my room. My eyes peered at the carpet. Makeup was scattered, hair products laying around, and fluffy pillows covered the floor. It was a teenage girl's fantasy.

I looked at my desk. It was white with black dots. I had scribbled little notes everywhere on it over the time I got it in sixth grade; "Mrs. Laura Styles" "Zack is sooooooooo cute! ;)" and "Math paper=due Monday." I was a super dorky girl back then, and if you ask the right people, I still kinda am.

Alexa pulled out her bag, then took out all the makeup she had and hair supplies. She smiled at me, grabbing the towel to wipe the face mask off me. I closed my eyes as she started taking the face mask off.

After hours of makeup, hair, and clothing arguments and appliance, I was finally ready for the 'date' with Ross. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror.

White, lacy skirt. Black fitting shirt with thick straps, tucked into my skirt. And a light blue button up tied up around my waist. Alexa tied my hair up in a high ponytail, the ends lightly curled. My makeup was star level, but subtle. I looked good. Not too hot, but not too casual. It looked nice.

"Alright, here's your purse. It's got your phone, extra makeup, and wallet in case he decides to go Dutch at the buffet. And if he does, make an excuse and get out of their quick," Lex lectured me, making me roll my eyes playfully.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry," I said softly.

Lex hugged me for a few seconds, then pulled away when we heard Ross' car pull into the driveway. (Even though he lives next door.)