Get Me to the Airport anyway You Can

After about thirty minutes of pulling, cursing, prying and more cursing, the three of them finally managed to separate the cars. Most of the pulling and prying were from Lauren and Dinah and most of the cursing was from Camila. Who knew she had such a potty mouth?

Lauren and Dinah were high-fiving, mid-fiving and low-fiving each other and both were feeling particularly good at having accomplished this macho feat, especially when most guys at their school would always repeat that 'women were the weaker sex'. Then, they stepped back to look at the damage. The front left bumper of the 'punch buggy' was missing. Well, it wasn't missing exactly as it was currently sticking out of the rear of the BMW. The result was reminiscent of a modern art project at the museum.

"Oh no! Get that old rusty thing off of my mom's car", Camila cried, feeling an anxiety attack taking over her. She took deep calming breathes and counted to thirty.

"Oh come on, Cabello. It took us this long just to get them separated. It'll take another hour to get my bumper off that supped up toy", Dinah shot back.

"Oh fine, then I'll just have to drive it like it is", Camila said when she calmed down and then hopped back into her car.

"That's appreciation for you. She hits us; we do all the work to separate the cars and then she doesn't even have the decency to say 'thank you'." Dinah huffed, crossing her arms.

"Forget about it DJ. Let's just get me to the airport before the flight leaves", Lauren said as she hopped back into Dinah's car. Dinah had been grounded for giving her six-year-old sister a concussion and therefore was not allowed to go on the trip.

Camila managed to get the BMW to start after the third try and after running over the curb to get around the Beetle, she struck out onto the road.

"Look at that", Dinah said indicating to Camila by pointing at her with her middle finger, "she didn't even wait to see if Bessie here would crank. What a 'B'!"

Bessie did crank on the first attempt and Dinah slowly pulled out onto the road. She may have cranked just fine, but she was hardly driving 'just fine'. The front left suspension was shot and with every rotation of that wheel, there was an audible clunk which reverberated through the entire car and made Dinah and Lauren's bones rattle. Plus, they weren't able to go faster than 35 MPH. It was going to be a long trip.

About 20 minutes and 847 clunks later (Lauren was counting), the green eyed girls cell phone rang.

"Hellloooo?", Lauren answered between clunks.

"Laur, where are you? They're about to start boarding the plane and we can't get them to hold it for you. We already tried." It was an annoyed sounding Brad.

"The -clunk- plane's boarding -clunk- already? Aw, man! We're -clunk- on our way.", clunked Lauren.

"Tell him -clunk- not to worry", stated Dinah calmly. "I have a -clunk- plan."

"Don't worry, -clunk- Brad, Dinah -clunk- has a -clunk- plan", Lauren said with a confidence she wasn't feeling.

"Tell him -clunk- you'll meet -clunk- them in Sydney. I -clunk- got it under -clunk- control."

"Listen -clunk- I'll -clunk- meet you guys in -clunk- Sydney. Dinah -clunk- has a plan. Don't worry; -clunk- I'll find you in -clunk- Sydney", with that and the beginnings of a killer headache, Lauren hung up.

"Okay Dinah, -clunk- what's this plan of -clunk- yours?", groaned Lauren while trying to massage her temples without poking herself in the eyes.