What happened to Hawaii?

"Wow...that was awkward", Lauren muttered as she nervously ran her hand through her hair.

The aircrew had left soon after that embarrassing encounter / praise of Camila's dancing.

"I'm really sorry about what happened or what almost happened... Sorry, I'm babbling. Let's just forget about it", Lauren suggested while walking back to her seat and leaving Camila standing alone in the middle of the airplane. She didn't even glance back to see the forlorn look on her face.

"Sure, it never happened", Camila told he, though that was the last thing she wanted to say.

Lauren bent over and picked up her NY Hoodie and held it out for her.

She hesitated and looked up at her with wide, brown eyes. "Um, would you mind if I wore yours instead? ... I mean if you're not going to wear it, of course."

"Oh, sure. I'm pretty warm." Lauren handed her her hoodie and she quickly put it on.

"Thanks", Camila said with a smile. "It's the sizing."

"It's the wrong size?", Lauren asked in confusion.

"No, not size ... sizing. It's this stuff they put in new clothes that makes them stiff. It makes the shirt itchy." Camila would never admit the real reason she wanted her hoodie - because it smelled so deliciously Lauren-like. And since she couldn't hug the real thing she'd settle for her clothes. She covertly lifted the sleeve of the jacket to her noise and inhaled deeply while she nuzzled the soft, worn fleece.

"You were really great with the dancing, by the way. How did you learn to do that?"

"Well, when I was little, my mom made me and Ally take every kind of dance class there is. I can also do tap, ballet, jazz, Irish folk dancing, ballroom, salsa... You name it; I can do it. Actually, believe it or not, Harry was in our dance classes as well." Camila spoke of their classmate, "In fact he is actually better at belly dancing than me."

Lauren shuddered visibly as an unsettling image flashed in her mind: Harry dressed as a harem girl and performing the Dance of the Seven Veils. She shuddered again.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine ... just had a scary thought..."

"Harry and the seven veils thing?"

"How'd you know?"

"Remember? We're more alike than you thought. But it might be a memory though, not a nightmare. He actually dressed up like that for Halloween when we were six. I was a Power Ranger that year - Pink Ranger, of course."

"Of course." Lauren smiled warmly at her. "I was Batgirl that year ... I think."

"Oooo, The Dark Knight..." Camila's voice dropped an octave and became almost smoky.

Lauren's eyes widened and twinkled at the same time. "I think everyone has a dark side."

Camila's eyes caught Lauren's and then, her comment about forgetting about them almost kissing slammed into her like when she flubbed up a dance routine in one of their classes and literally slammed into Ally.

She quickly looked away and started rummaging through her shoulder bag.

Lauren felt like an idiot. Obviously, she wasn't interested in flirting with her and she certainly shouldn't be interested in flirting with her. Brad, remember?, she chided himself. She opened up her Buffy comic and tried to concentrate on the plot. It wasn't easy since Buffy seemed to be morphing into a familiar brunette with brown eyes, instead of green. Yeah, Camila would make a great Buffy.