Her Girlfriend

Guys! This is the last chapter! Gah!!

I'm glad you all loved it!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

We got away with it. We really had.

These thoughts ran through Lauren and Camila's heads simultaneously as they sat around the small table in the Jauregui's kitchen. Mike was cooking breakfast at the stove while Lauren, Camila, and Sinu and Alejandro enjoyed their hot chocolate, ultra-sweetened coffee, black coffee and hot Lipton tea, respectively. The center of the table held a lovely bouquet of dried flowers, so Sinu was out of luck. She slowly sipped the tea, but Camila noticed that the volume never went down.

Clara reentered the kitchen after changing clothes. She was now dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt and carried an armload of clothes.

"Excuse me, but I'm just going to start up this load of clothes before breakfast. It's amazing how much laundry is produced by five people. Mike, give me that rag and I'll throw it in with the rest."

At first, neither teenager grasped the significance of that request until Lauren noticed the white cloth hanging out of her fathers back pocket. Then, she saw the tell-tale sparkling rhinestones which were catching the morning light shining in from the windows. Mike was busy flipping the French toast and didn't even realize until it was too late that Clara had pulled it out of his pocket.

The glittering jewels immediately caught Clara's eye and she stopped to look at the 'rag' more closely. "Miiiike? Didn't you say this was yours?"

Lauren and Camila were staring at the ribbed bebe tank top with open fear on their faces. Lauren reached under the table and grabbed for Camila's hand just as she did the same for hers.

Clara's question caught the Cabello's attention too and Sinu glanced up to see her holding up the top with the distinctive bebe logo spelled out in shiny rhinestones.

"Looks a little small for you, Mike", Alejandro quipped in amusement.

"I'll say", agreed Sinu, good-naturedly, "In fact Camila has one ..." Realization set in and the older Cabello woman looked sharply at Camila as she finished the sentence, "Just. Like. It." She looked at Camila closely, noticing for the first time how inappropriately she was dressed. While it wasn't hot yet, it certainly wasn't cold enough for a zipped up fleeced jacket.

Camila, who was still tightly holding Lauren hand under the table, wouldn't look at her mother. Instead, she was studiously staring at the wood grain of the table.

"Karla?", asked Sinu, her tone sharp. "Don't you have anything to add?"

"No." She spoke so lowly that even Lauren wasn't sure she heard her, but she slowly shook her head, still refusing to look up.

Clara dropped the rest of the load on the floor and stepped across the room with the tank top gripped tightly in her hands. "What do you know about this, Lauren?"

Lauren looked up and their eyes met defiantly, but she refused to answer her.

Mike quickly moved the pan off the burner and joined the others as his eyes narrowed angrily. He'd had about as much as he could take. "Oh for God's sake, people! We should just be happy that they're back and they're alive, so what if they spent the night together."

The three other adults looked at him in shock.

"Like you were a virgin when you graduated high school, Alejandro. Because I know I wasn't, right Clara?"

Clara's face went bright red and she quickly looked away from her husband. Alejandro let out a rude chuckle, quickly followed by a poorly muffled "Ow!". He glared sharply at his wife who pretended that she hadn't just kicked him under the table.