chapter _ nine - an old flame

Twila's POV

I woke up with my body cold. I looked around and saw no one else. Was it all a dream no way I can smell ash. I listen and I hear the shower going. I got out of bed I need to see Austin and he is going to give me an explanation for the lies. I threw on a t-shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans and converse then walk to the door. I had just opened it when I heard him.

"Hey where you going" I jumped at his voice. I turned towards ash. He was wearing a tight fit red shirt and blue jeans and purple socks with his black combat boots in one hand and a towel in the other.

"I need a reason from him " I said I know he knows who I'm talking about. He noddeds and throws the towel on his shoulder.

"OK be careful" he said calmly I was shocked he wasn't telling me no. He sits in the chair at the side of the room and puts on his boots.

" Really uh I thought you'd tell me that I need to stay away from him" I said he smirked.

" Well you wouldn't listen to me anyway" he said with a smirk.

"How do you know" I asked with a fake scowl. He chuckled again.

"Because I know you" he said getting up and walking to me I smiled realizing just how right he was how had I not noticed it before he has liked me for awhile. I remember liking him to but I always just thought he liked me like a friend guess I should have asked.

"Plus you deserve an answer from that piece of shit" he said kissing my noseI hug him and he wraps his arms around me then kisses my head.

" I glad you like me" I said.

" I don't like you I love you" he said. I laughed making him laugh.
I pulled away and looked at him I kissed him then walked out .
He followed but when we got outside he shifted and ran into the woods eric and max walked up to me.

" Hey we announced yesterday's events" Eric said max hugged me.

" I can't say anything to make you feel better but I know ash will" he said.

" Ash is my new mate Austin will never find a mate not after the lies he told no girl will want him so that makes me happy" I said with a smile then continued towards the infirmary. When I got there dr. Allen appeared from a door and gave me a smile.

" I know what your here to do but Austin is recovering still so you can't see him" she said with a warning glance.

" I will see him when I want to so show me his room now" I said she snarled.

"I can't allow you to" she said. I growled

"I'm alpha and I said I will see him" I snarled she scowled.

"I can't allow it I'm sorry" she said I grabbed her arm.

" As alpha I can't banish you so what room is he in" I growled she looked at me with fear.

" 281 go down the hall take a right it's the second door on the left" she whispered I followed her instructions and stood infront of Austin's door.

I walked in to find him awake he looked surprised he was reaching for a glass that was just out of his reach but straightened up when he saw me. I walked over and grabbed the glass then handed it to him his mouth was in a straight line. He took the glass and sipped on it.

" I heard that you and ash are mates now" he said

"Why" I asked he looked up at me but avoided my gaze.

"I liked you but I only wanted to be the alpha's mate I didn't mean to hurt you but I started to love you but I realized I had to finish what I started. My parents always wanted to have my child be alpha so I had to be your mate to achieve that but I couldn't go through with their plan so I told you how I really felt because I don't love you not like ash does." He said. I turned towards the door and walked out. I headed to Austin's house and knocked on the door when I go there. Austin's mom opened it.